cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Target been hacked or is this cli for real?

tag
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Re: Has Target has been hacked or is this cli for real?

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Wow that's awesome and most definitely out of their norm for sure , take it and run with it Op lol congrats to you

I was surprised by it, for sure.  Wanted to share it because alot of us nearly lost hope for our Target Red Cards.

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 15
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Target is getting hurt by Amazon sales for sure and they need to entice people to start spending in-store again.

The 5% is a big incentive even though 100% of Target sales will incur sales tax in states that charge it, whereas not every Amazon sale charges sales tax depending on which actual vendor is shipping and from where to where.

If Target doesn't get their income numbers up, they are going to get hammered.  In Nov 2016 their stock was around $80 now it's around $55 just 6 months later.  They need people back in the store spending $$$ somehow.

I use my Target card... alot.  Mostly via online shopping, with free shipping + ebates + Targets frequent promotions, it makes it very cost effective for even small purchases.

Message 12 of 15
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
Congrats!

It seems a lot of people lately are getting some nice Target CLI's.

Went from my SL of $500 for 5rs and in the past year it's gone up to $2500

I'm assuming they will try to convert you to the Target MC

Congrats on your cli success.....  Smiley Happy

I don't know if they will try and convert it to the MC or not - if it creates a new TL then I'm not sure I'd want it. 

Message 13 of 15
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoMellow wrote:

Logged in to check my Target Red card online today....

CLI from $2,400.00 to $7,000!  How is that even possible...???

Account has been open since December 2013, have been getting the typical $200, $300, $500 cli every four months or so.

Did NOT see this one coming! 

Nice! Target cards are backed by TD Bank....TD Bank also backs the Nordstrom card portfolio and they have been handing out increases this year as well, so not sure if this is TD being a little more loose with the purse strings or, as others have said, an attempt by Target (and Nordstrom) to spur sales. 

They They've been very generous to me with the Nordstrom account - they bumped that cli to $23.5k a few months ago.. but this Target card is quite surprising to me.  Either way, they bump me I bump their bottom line - that's kinda how I like to do it when I can. 
Message 14 of 15
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine went from 3k to 7k this last week also and my wifes from 1800 to 4k so not a fluke.  It's a high interest card and not very usable, we just use them for the 5% discount and free shipping and then PIF each month to avoid the crazy interest.

Very nice cli's!!! 

I use it (almost weekly) but I pay it off pretty quickly, because I agree with you - NO way am I paying them interest.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.