Planning a trip to Hawaii , and the 60k bonus was too much to pass up. In the interest of sharing information with others, here is how it played out for me.
1. Applied Saturday evening, all my scores are FICO 820+ with all 3 reporting agencies
2. Expected an instant approval, I have low balances and excellent scores. Got a pending.
3. Checked the status update, no changes this morning, so I called the backdoor.
4. The rep went over my income with me, my other Barclays account, and he asked about a balance I had with the Amazom Prime card. I explained I have it on autopay and just had some birthday shopping that I haven't paid off yet (3.5k balance nothing too crazy).
5. Rep says he was able to get me to an approval, with a 2.5k CL. I was kind of shocked, my income is 6 figures. My other card I use only with some pay services such as Samsung and Google, so I asked him to keep that card at 5k and move the remaining 8k on the Hawaiian card. He was able to do so with no problems, seems my max exposure to Barclay is 15.5k.
6. Barclays is kind of quirky, hope this helps someone out there!
Barclays is very conservative. Quirky would be another good word. Myself I have their Ring card since 2013. I don;t use it much anymore. It grew for a while but stopped a while ago. I was curious about the Hawaian card, they email me enough about it and I'm curious about the Princess Cruises card, but they are Barclays so I always take a step back. I appreciate your post and data points.....and of course Congratulations on the new card!
CONGRATS on your Approval and Successful CL transfer to your new CC!!!
... hope this helps someone out there!
If with 800+ Fico & 100K+ income one has to beg for 2.5K CL, well, there are other lenders. Geesh.
Thanks for sharing. Great details. And Congratulations on your approval.