Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading To The Garden After This!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Heading To The Garden After This!

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats on Building a great arensal!!..

Thanks!

Message 11 of 30
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To my Forum Family,

First of all, you all totally rock! From the sharing of your stories and experiences to answers to direct questions, I definitely have gotten great advice from folks who have a lot of knowledge and experience in this game – thanks. Happy to share that it’s been quite a month!

Starting DPs:

1) EQ 730/TU 734/EX 712.

2) 18 INQs total: 13 werefairly evenly split between EQ and EX, and 5 for TU.

In the credit card department, I attempted a targeted spree; taking advantage of SPs while minimizing HPs:

AMEX Plat, by invitation – instant online approval, w/$30K Pay Over Time. SP.

AMEX Plat Delta and AMEX Magnet, back to back apps, instant online approvals, both were SPs.

Attempted CLI on Cap One Plat, declined; although, silver lining, successfully PC’d to QS. SP.

Targeted HPs: Barclay’s Uber, US Bank Cash +, Synch Marvel. For Barclay’s and USB I got the 7-10 day waitlist; called both the next day – asked to verify name, SS, address – no other verification info requested. Got approval on both. Apped for Synch Marvel, was a no-go; in hindsight, I’m thinking I should not have gone for that right now. I applied for this as my #3, and by that time I had racked up 2 previous HPs with Barclays and USB. In any event, the denial wasn’t instant. I got the 7-10 day waitlist, called in on it, and learned was declined. Silver lining – because of the decline I at least learned what worked against me in the app process, and those things I will work on in the garden.

Also, scored In the mortgage department (I know this is shared under a different topic, but wanted to include here as well). Recently relocated and picked up a shiny :-) new mortgage, approx $500K at 4.8% - not the greatest rate, but overcoming some mortgage baddies within the last 24. I think I simply need to put time and distance between then and now.

In summary, 5 new logos for the sig, and with that, overall pleased with the spree results, but have work to do… Will be tending to the weeds in the garden for a while :-) 

And moral of this story is .......

If you're gonna do a 3 card app spree, make sure they pull from different CRAs

Barclays, US Bank, and Synchrony are all notorious TU pullers.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the approvals!

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To my Forum Family,

First of all, you all totally rock! From the sharing of your stories and experiences to answers to direct questions, I definitely have gotten great advice from folks who have a lot of knowledge and experience in this game – thanks. Happy to share that it’s been quite a month!

Starting DPs:

1) EQ 730/TU 734/EX 712.

2) 18 INQs total: 13 werefairly evenly split between EQ and EX, and 5 for TU.

In the credit card department, I attempted a targeted spree; taking advantage of SPs while minimizing HPs:

AMEX Plat, by invitation – instant online approval, w/$30K Pay Over Time. SP.

AMEX Plat Delta and AMEX Magnet, back to back apps, instant online approvals, both were SPs.

Attempted CLI on Cap One Plat, declined; although, silver lining, successfully PC’d to QS. SP.

Targeted HPs: Barclay’s Uber, US Bank Cash +, Synch Marvel. For Barclay’s and USB I got the 7-10 day waitlist; called both the next day – asked to verify name, SS, address – no other verification info requested. Got approval on both. Apped for Synch Marvel, was a no-go; in hindsight, I’m thinking I should not have gone for that right now. I applied for this as my #3, and by that time I had racked up 2 previous HPs with Barclays and USB. In any event, the denial wasn’t instant. I got the 7-10 day waitlist, called in on it, and learned was declined. Silver lining – because of the decline I at least learned what worked against me in the app process, and those things I will work on in the garden.

Also, scored In the mortgage department (I know this is shared under a different topic, but wanted to include here as well). Recently relocated and picked up a shiny :-) new mortgage, approx $500K at 4.8% - not the greatest rate, but overcoming some mortgage baddies within the last 24. I think I simply need to put time and distance between then and now.

In summary, 5 new logos for the sig, and with that, overall pleased with the spree results, but have work to do… Will be tending to the weeds in the garden for a while :-) 

And moral of this story is .......

If you're gonna do a 3 card app spree, make sure they pull from different CRAs

Barclays, US Bank, and Synchrony are all notorious TU pullers.

Indeed - but in this case, I was already saturated with EX and EQ inquiries, and very few (relatively speaking) on TU, hence - to your point - why I targeted TU. And, technically speaking, there was likely one or more EX pulls, but it was SP. That said, I probably went too deep on TU with the Synch app. Thanks for the input!

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on all the approvals!

Thanks!

Message 15 of 30
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals and the new mortgage!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 16 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Awesome approvals. Congrats. Man i so want an AMEX platinum or simply a CLI from them. My card is just stuck at 1K since 2013 Smiley Sad . I get rejected everytime for weird reasons (low FICO score) from them smh

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sghosh5 wrote:

Awesome approvals. Congrats. Man i so want an AMEX platinum or simply a CLI from them. My card is just stuck at 1K since 2013 Smiley Sad . I get rejected everytime for weird reasons (low FICO score) from them smh

That's so weird! I always thought AMEX was very lenient with their CLIs for me. The FICO score in your signature seems pretty good too so the reasoning is pretty weird too.

Message 18 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Yes maybe they don’t want my business oh well..

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm did you have a bankruptsy in your past or some major delinquent payments? I hear Amex is not so lenient with those on your record even if your credit is good now.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.