Did you mean: 

Help! Im scared and I blame YOU on myFICO! 😢

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Im scared and I blame YOU on myFICO! 😢

Okay!
Okay.
Now, I originally posted about how it had been a year since my last credit app and that my Experian report jumped up to 798 for the first time ever the day before yesterday!
EVER! 😳 So I asked for opinions on cards a score like that could get a gal like me who's now into rewards.
Sweet, sweet rewards!!! I mentioned I had a 6k Cap1 Plat I wanted to PC to a better card (which I did! Thank you myFICO peeps for the upgrade link!!!), and a Citi Diamond with 10k I would like to PC to maybe a DC? 🤔 But I hesitated to call and ask because I was sidetracked, ...by a night of Citi SPs many were successful at pulling off, even getting 20k in CLIs after multiple attempts! I was like, ... whoa. I'll try one time, just to see.
My one SP gave me 4k, making my 2yr old Citi DP card WAY cooler, and no WAY was I pulling again, even though it really did offer another SP after that! Weird, I tells ya. I reported back to everyone on the boards that I was too ah-scared to mess around any further and then realized that I have no idea now if that increase screws up my ability to get a new Citi card, or to change it to a DC or Rewards+ or whatever since SO many people pulled like a dozen CLI requests last night! 😳
I mean, I didnt inhale, ... yanno? The other kids did! But, will Citi see I already got an extra 4k and dismiss me if I app for another card?? Should I wait a week to call and PC my DPref to a DCash, or just leave it and app for a DC instead of a Thank You point card???
Like, ... I was super nervous before, and now I'm wondering if i should try a different bank card, like another Cap1 only a Savor, or a good old fashioned Store brand, like a Nordstrom Visa. Yanno, something more whiffle ball instead of the baseball to the gut like I'm feeling now that I got that CLI. 😱
Should I try for a new Citi and PC my old one into another points card, or back off and try elsewhere?
Or have a drink, pass out, and overthink again tomorrow! Lol!
Seriously, ... I been spooked all day, man.
Thanks muchly. 😁
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Im scared and I blame YOU on myFICO! 😢

Just do it.  It's harmless unless you're planning to get something in the same rewards ecosystem with Citi for a SUB.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/12-things-everybody-should-know-about-citi-credit-cards/

By that I mean if you're collecting TY points and make a change outside of that program it will trigger a 24 month clock on getting a bonus within that program.  Otherwise if not, then just do it since it takes them forever to send the new cards out while counting down the 45 day rescind period in which you can switch back w/o any changes made.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. I have only one points card, a Discover IT. So, I started looking for hours on the boards to make sure a Citi Double Cash upgrade was cool if I decided to get a TY points card (until I can catch the tail of the Chase Dragon for all it's awesome URs).
I just hope that A) they noticed nothing but that I honestly only made one CLI request, and then let well enough alone if they saw the boards, and b) that that much of an increase (for a newbie like me) wasn't considered a kind of cap. Like, 'we gave you 4k, ... wasn't that enough???'
Like a stern credit parent. 😅
Cool, and thanks for the link to the Doc! 👍
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the only issue people run into is when they chase the SUB for new accounts and don't know about the 24 month clock.  PC's are painless and Citi doesn't really grow all that much for most of their low level legacy cards which is why the "glitch" was so popular.  Most of their growers seem to have AF's attached to them.  4K is pretty good for the cards we have.  I tend to get 2K increments with them when other banks offer so much more.  I'm planning to combine or as they call it reallocating my limits later this month after my SP CLI.  I might wait until next month as the other card will also be eligible for a SP CLI as well.  Since the shuffling requires a HP anyway I'll push them for more during that as well to see if they'll actually loosen the purse strings a bit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.