cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand my odds for a 0% balance transfer...

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Help me understand my odds for a 0% balance transfer...

Oh the suspense😊

Good luck 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 21 of 41
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Oh the suspense😊

Good luck 

I know, lol!  Last time I did it over the phone they had me upload id and stuff....took a while.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 41
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I have to go shopping soon

Someone tag me! 

Message 23 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Amex has basically stopped BT for the moment. Citi would most likely give low limit, with 3% fee. As stated, US Bank is INQ/Acct sensitive.

Id try paying down card some. Then take a shot at a CU card not known to be conservative.

Amex seems more interested in playing cat and mouse with churners than offering bts nowadaysSmiley Wink

Message 24 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Have you tried Discover prequal? 

There would be 3% fee, but it's better than interest. 

You might have a good chance, because other cards are at $0.00

Do you need a link for prequal tool? 

I found it. I was prequalified for DiscoverIt CashBack, 0% for 14 months, 3% BT fee. Yay!

So now what...should I apply, or wait...? I hate that this is a game... Is it possible to get prequal online or by phone for the other cards I mentioned? 18 or 20 months at 0% would be better than 14, but maybe I shouldn't complain. WWYD?

I definetly wouldnt complain. Getting a Discover is way essier than getting a US Bank card

Message 25 of 41
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Amex has basically stopped BT for the moment. Citi would most likely give low limit, with 3% fee. As stated, US Bank is INQ/Acct sensitive.

Id try paying down card some. Then take a shot at a CU card not known to be conservative.

Amex seems more interested in playing cat and mouse with churners than offering bts nowadaysSmiley Wink

Yep! Not my favorite lender. Love my BCP, but they don't offer me anything else special. Not my situation anyways. 

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I GOT IT!
I was approved for a DiscoverIt card at $7500 (0% for 14 months, 16.99% after) and subtracting the 3% BT fee means they will pay $7125 to my $7269 card. Close enough for me to be doing a very silly happy dance!!! 

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and help with navigating this. I should have hopped on this board years ago. I've definitely had my share of credit fails and recoveries. But I am in a good place now to get this paid off and keep it that way. If I can't get it all paid down in 14 months (unlikely without more stimulus or a tax refund) I will come back and ask for help with my next step.

Many thanks to all of you who weighed in. I hope these tags will work... @Remedios @blindambition @Jnbmom @GApeachy @KLEXH25 @M_Smart007 @AverageJoesCredit

Message 27 of 41
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

Congrats😊😊😊😊😊

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 28 of 41
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Snoopy Dance GIFs | Snoopy happy dance, Snoopy happy dance gif ...I didn't do anything to help but I dance for you tHeartHeart ....congrats!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 29 of 41
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I GOT IT!
I was approved for a DiscoverIt card at $7500 (0% for 14 months, 16.99% after) and subtracting the 3% BT fee means they will pay $7125 to my $7269 card. Close enough for me to be doing a very silly happy dance!!! 

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and help with navigating this. I should have hopped on this board years ago. I've definitely had my share of credit fails and recoveries. But I am in a good place now to get this paid off and keep it that way. If I can't get it all paid down in 14 months (unlikely without more stimulus or a tax refund) I will come back and ask for help with my next step.

Many thanks to all of you who weighed in. I hope these tags will work... @Remedios @blindambition @Jnbmom @GApeachy @KLEXH25 @M_Smart007 @AverageJoesCredit

Congrats to you!! Happy it worked out for you!!! 🥳 

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.