Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Highly confused on Cap 1 QS Siggy Visa approval

Sorry Froggy, but did they give you the siggy on the QS? 5k is the minimum

Message 11 of 15
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Yes Smiley Happy Luckily it  is a siggy visa, I'd have been SUPER P.O.'d if it hadn't been. Given that I already have a QS MC with a (now) higher CL of $6200 after getting the $2K increase online after apping for the Visa.  They are a strange bird that Cap 1.  I don't get what's so special about the Venture that makes them give out the generous SL but not the Signature Visa ?????

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! I'm sorry you didn't get the SL you wanted. Hopefully, the manual review will be successful. Usually folks app for 2 cards back to back to make the 3 HPs more palatable. Best of luck!

Message 13 of 15
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

UPDATE****

Well, as I expected the manual review was denied for an increase.  Another couple bogus reasons listed~ Acct too new (Duh!), and too many revolving accts with balances, ( because my PIF hadn't reported to CRA on 3 cards).  Oh well, I combined my old QS MC with my Plat MC and at least now have 1 card with them with a 5 figure limit.  I'll wait out the 6 months and request a CLI then.  I'll be using the card a decent amount during that time since I've got 0% interest and ?? I'm guessing the $100 bonus once you spend $500.  

Anyone know how to tell if I "qualify" to get the bonus since I'm an existing cardholder ?? I've never had a card receive any type of new acct promo from them before since my other 2 cards (now 1 card) were my first post BK cards in 2005, they sure weren't offering me anything except the chance to rebuild.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only guess is that your utilization was too high for them. My buddy got a QS visa sig last summer when i got my non-sig and his SL was 10k, high 700 scores, no inquiries, under 5% util, thin but long history, no baddies, and he only makes about 38k per year.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.