Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton AmEx

tag
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hilton AmEx

Does AMEX do HP if you have a PRG with them and how easy is it to get this card with 7/8 inq. I would love to have this for traveling for work and to grow it as my career takes off.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

Does AMEX do HP if you have a PRG with them and how easy is it to get this card with 7/8 inq. I would love to have this for traveling for work and to grow it as my career takes off.

I think you are good. The Hilton/Delta cards are the easier ones to get. And if you got approved for the PRG, I don't see why not. I have more than 8 inquiries, my credit history is only 13 months long, and I got approved. I'd go for it! AmEx doesn't do a hard pull if you get denied...as long as you're an existing customer.

Message 12 of 22
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

I think you are good. The Hilton/Delta cards are the easier ones to get. And if you got approved for the PRG, I don't see why not. I have more than 8 inquiries, my credit history is only 13 months long, and I got approved. I'd go for it! AmEx doesn't do a hard pull if you get denied...as long as you're an existing customer.

Should I check for prequal or does AMEX even have this on their prequal list?

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

Should I check for prequal or does AMEX even have this on their prequal list?

I've never even checked for pre-qual. I just applied.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I think i recall you were shooting for high limit cards at the timeSmiley Happy

Yup. I've got $11,500 now between my 4 cards. Was shocked when Barclays gave me $6k. Going to let them grow, but I'm happy for now.

Message 15 of 22
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

All in Favor of me app'ing for the Hilton AMEX say YAY! Just so people don't think i'm crazy.... My wife and my income is between 160-180k. We travel for vacation three times a year. We spend 50k on cc's in a year. 12% UTIL now.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

All in Favor of me app'ing for the Hilton AMEX say YAY! Just so people don't think i'm crazy.... My wife and my income is between 160-180k. We travel for vacation three times a year. We spend 50k on cc's in a year. 12% UTIL now.

I spend way less than that. I really you think you are good based on what you said. Just make sure you get the higher sign up bonus. Or you going for the annual fee card? I think the bonus is 100k on that one.

Message 17 of 22
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

I spend way less than that. I really you think you are good based on what you said. Just make sure you get the higher sign up bonus. Or you going for the annual fee card? I think the bonus is 100k on that one.

Yeah the Hilton Surpass card is definitely not something I would probably get approved for as it requires $40,000 spend on it. I have other cards i'll be using that are prime. The 75k Hilton AMEX is definitely doable though.

Message 18 of 22
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

App'd for Hilton Honors AMEX but their systems are 'currently not responding'??? Is this going to leave a HP on my CR?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.