Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Ascend 3X CLI

tag
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Hilton Ascend 3X CLI

At the beginning of the year I got a Gold Delta with a SL of $16,500 which I was really happy about.  A couple of months later I found out that our work conference was going to be at a Hilton which I have no relationship with, so I decided to go for the Ascend card just to get Gold along with the SUB.  They gave me a paltry $1k limit to start which I figured was due to my recent acquisition of my Delta card.  It was a pain getting the SUB on the card due to the low limit, but I did manage to do so by making payments every other day or so.  

Today I knew I was over 60 days out, so I requested $5k just to see if they would hold to their standard of maximum 3X CLIs.  They came back with a limit of $3k which I happily accepted.  

I'll wait another 90 days or so and request a 3X increase again I imagine.  Bumped my TCL to $102k and lowered my UTIl slightly.  

Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton Ascend 3X CLI

That's still a nice CLI!  Congrats! 

Message 2 of 16
LakeLife
Established Contributor

It's way better than dealing with a $1k limit, that's for sure!  Thanks.

Message 3 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the increase

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LakeLife wrote:

At the beginning of the year I got a Gold Delta with a SL of $16,500 which I was really happy about.  A couple of months later I found out that our work conference was going to be at a Hilton which I have no relationship with, so I decided to go for the Ascend card just to get Gold along with the SUB.  They gave me a paltry $1k limit to start which I figured was due to my recent acquisition of my Delta card.  It was a pain getting the SUB on the card due to the low limit, but I did manage to do so by making payments every other day or so.  

Today I knew I was over 60 days out, so I requested $5k just to see if they would hold to their standard of maximum 3X CLIs.  They came back with a limit of $3k which I happily accepted.  

I'll wait another 90 days or so and request a 3X increase again I imagine.  Bumped my TCL to $102k and lowered my UTIl slightly.  

Capture.JPG

Congrats on your CLI

Another CLI in 90 days is unlikely since Amex will only grant ONE CLI every 180 days, regardless of the number of Amex cards you hold.

Message 5 of 16
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

Capture.JPG

Congrats on your CLI

Another CLI in 90 days is unlikely since Amex will only grant ONE CLI every 180 days, regardless of the number of Amex cards you hold.

Got it.  Thanks for the information.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI! Patiently minding my time until July 2 when I can re-apply for CLI after my denial. Want to build on this SL. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you may want to see if you can transfer some of your available limit from the Delta card to the Hilton card.
Message 8 of 16
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Does that require recon of some sort?  Good idea regardless!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with MaizeandBlue - Amex will open the CLI window 91 days after a denial and 181 days after an approval. As for reallocating limits, I am pretty sure the donor card must be a year old before this is possible.

Congrats on the Ascend - I love the card. It earns points rather quickly when used in daily rotation and the SUB has proven to be good for almost 5 nights at the redemption rate I typically use.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.