Did you mean: 

Hilton Ascend approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton Ascend approved

I was approved with a measly 1K.

EX 682

I have a Cash Magnet with a 4K limit, and in the past 4 months I've run 7K through the card and it has a 0 balance. Last month I book 4 trips, which I've paid in full but my utilization spiked to 25% and my score, which was 706 came down to 682.
I applied for the card because the trips are abroad and I wanted a no foreign transaction fee card since the Cash Magnet has a 2.7%.

1K is of no use to me. Once I get the card I'll call customer service to have credit from the Magnet transferred to the Ascend, is such thing is possible or a credit increase. Is neither is possible I'll most likely just cancel the card.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton Ascend approved

They should be able to transfer some of the limit from the magnet over. You can also request an increase after 61 days usually 3x your original CL. Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Following.....

But I believe they will NOT be able to do a transfer, here is why, the card that will be giving UP the limit ( Magnet ) has to be at least 13 months old before if can transfer any of its limit to any other cards.

Data Points from Doctor of Credit

• A credit card must have been opened for a minimum of 13 months before it’s possible to transfer the credit limit from that card.
  • A credit card should be at least 60 days old to transfer to that card.
  • Upgrading/downgrading cards has no effect on the clocks mentioned above.
  • Credit limits cannot be transferred from business to consumer cards. It is possible to transfer from consumer to business, business to business and consumer to consumer. It’s also not possible to transfer limits to or from charge cards as they have no preset spending limit.
  • You cannot reallocate your credit limits more than once every thirty days

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

Well, your cs probably did not allow them to give you more than 1k for now. Try to check your credit score and figure out if you missed a payment and some other aspects. I would not cancel the card tho, I would take advanatge of the priority pass first!

Message 4 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved with a measly 1K.

EX 682

I have a Cash Magnet with a 4K limit, and in the past 4 months I've run 7K through the card and it has a 0 balance. Last month I book 4 trips, which I've paid in full but my utilization spiked to 25% and my score, which was 706 came down to 682.
I applied for the card because the trips are abroad and I wanted a no foreign transaction fee card since the Cash Magnet has a 2.7%.

1K is of no use to me. Once I get the card I'll call customer service to have credit from the Magnet transferred to the Ascend, is such thing is possible or a credit increase. Is neither is possible I'll most likely just cancel the card.

The bad thing about those $1k limits is it makes it extremely difficult to make the spending bonus most of the time.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Super-Moncho

Super Congrats on your Hilton Ascend approval! Smiley Very Happy

+1 on the 3x CLI after 61 days strategy. I'd advise you not to be

so quick to short change yourself. It's not about a "measly 1k."

It's about growing the card over time. So as long as you garden

all of your tradelines properly over the next 2 months + 1 day

and keep your overall utilization at < 8.9%, you should be good to go.

In addition, you can go after another 3x CLI after 181 days provided

you care and feed all accounts properly. So if all goes well, that 1k

Ascend limit will suddenly become 9k. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your success. We appreciate you sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 11
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  

As others have said, you probably won't be able to transfer the credit line for a bit.

But for now, take advantage of the Priority Pass Select and Permanent HH Gold status.  

After 61 days you can apply for a 3x CLI, and 181 days from that (if you were approved that is), you can apply for another 3x CLI. 

Look at it long term instead of short term. 

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not just garden with it and have it grow over time? Isn't that better than closing the card?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have scores in 740-750s, 170k income, 1% util and 3 years with an AMEX Gold card and they still only gave me $1k with the Ascend. AMEX is just absurdly cautious with new credit cards it seems, even if you have a charge card history with $60k spend each year. *shrug* 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.