Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton HHonors AmEx - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton HHonors AmEx - Approved!

After a five-day fraud detection delay, my app for this card was approved! Sadly, it's a puny $2K limit. AmEx just handed me $14.3K on my SPG AmEx, however, so I don't feel I can really complain Smiley Happy And I can ask for a CLI down the road after 60 days, from what I'm seeing on the forums here. 

After my August App Spree, this gives me about $46K of available credit and around 4% utilization. Not a bad month's work. Now it's off to the garden. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton HHonors AmEx - Approved!

Congrats!!! What's the bonus and spend requirement?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

50,000 HHonors points for a spend of $750 within 3 months. I'm going to Savannah GA next weekend to help my daughter settle into college, and I'll have reached it by the end of that trip. Plus I'll get 7x points for our stay because we're staying at a Hilton Smiley Happy 

I'll also be going for the equivalent award on my SPG AmEx, which is 25,000 Starwood points after spending $3K in three months. I plan to transfer those points over to Delta for miles for airfare, and save the HHonors points towards a vacation stay. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I really want this card but I'm just gardening away Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals !! Glad to hear that you already have a plan in place. Sounds like you will put them to good use.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I really want this card but I'm just gardening away Smiley Happy 

Thanks! And I know that feeling. I really have my sites set on either the Ritz-Carlton or one of the Chase Sapphire cards next. Next summer, perhaps. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After a five-day fraud detection delay, my app for this card was approved! Sadly, it's a puny $2K limit. AmEx just handed me $14.3K on my SPG AmEx, however, so I don't feel I can really complain Smiley Happy And I can ask for a CLI down the road after 60 days, from what I'm seeing on the forums here. 

After my August App Spree, this gives me about $46K of available credit and around 4% utilization. Not a bad month's work. Now it's off to the garden. 

What is a good credit score to acheive the Hilton HHonors AmEx??

Trying to stay away from Chase right now.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are a bit on the low side for an AMEX, since they pull EX.  You might have luck with the Delta Skymiles AMEX, but you probably wouldn't get more than $1K to start with.  I'd work on getting your EX score above 670 and trying for an AMEX.  Once you're in with them, it's a lot easier to get their other cards.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was pulling around 735 EX at the time I was approved for both cards. I think callmefilmgeek's advice is sound. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are a bit on the low side for an AMEX, since they pull EX.  You might have luck with the Delta Skymiles AMEX, but you probably wouldn't get more than $1K to start with.  I'd work on getting your EX score above 670 and trying for an AMEX.  Once you're in with them, it's a lot easier to get their other cards.  

I will definitely try Delta Skymiles.. However, I've just established a PFCU account and wanted to shoot for the AMEX Travel Rewards card from PFCU since my appliciation is recently new, and I may receive an approval since I'm under the 30 day pull of my CR.

Only thing that's working for me is my TU at 700, and EX 685 as of 8/1/16.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.