Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Honors AMEX - Very Low CL

tag
DLH73
Established Member

Hilton Honors AMEX - Very Low CL

EXP: 760  EQ: 753  TU: 752

As a Hilton Honors member, I kept receiving invitations to apply for the Hilton Honors Amex, I was reluctant to apply but after looking at the introductory 100,000 Hilton Honors points offer I said sure, let's give it a go. I wasn't concerned about approval actually but I was more concerned about the CL that would be approved.

I received approval with a CL of only $1k!!!   I was literally flabbergasted; for the purpose of that card which is travel, what is even the point approving such a low CL. I am planning a 3-week holiday this summer in Europe and was planning to use the card to stay at Hilton hotels in London, France and Italy and earn the 7x reward points. Surely this is a mistake, so I called the Amex Credit Bureau dept at 1-800-874-2717 and they told me that:

We made this decision for the following reason:

• One or more of your American Express cards currently has a spending limit.

Seriously that is a ridiculous basis for a decision. I received correspondence from Amex in the mail a couple of days later stating the exact same thing. I honestly regret applying for this card! Oh well I will spend $1,000 dollars within the next 3 months to earn the 100,000 Hilton Honors points and then throw that measly card into my safe. American Express should be ashamed of themselves. I have notion to write them a letter. What a waste of a hard inquiry. :-(

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton Honors AMEX - Very Low CL

I'm sorry you didn't get the limit you would have liked. 

Message 2 of 23
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Hilton Honors approval...🎉🎉🎉I'm sure in time you can grow your CL

Message 3 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 23
DLH73
Established Member

Thank you, I sure hope so sooner rather than later. I just wrote a letter to Amex to see if they can expedite the increase, can't hurt to ask, right?. I will write back with an update. I am at the mercy of snail mail. ;-)

Message 5 of 23
Vuby22
Contributor

Doubt that will get you anywhere. You are under Amex AA on a charge card -- your NPSL now has a limit prob cause you did not pay in full or something else. Until that gets removed from your internal profile you won't even be able to do 3x CLI @ 91d on the HH.

Interestingly it was a HP when their reason is one of your current [charge] cards has a limit? You not handling that current card the Amex way because new cards are supposed to be SP unless this is your first Amex revolver? Someone will jump in to correct as possible.

Message 6 of 23
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Refer a family member to open another HH card to use.

Message 7 of 23
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Hilton Honors approval

Message 8 of 23
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 

Message 9 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Hilton Honors Amex approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.