Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Honors Aspire Approved 10K

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Hilton Honors Aspire Approved 10K

Hopped on chat today to confirm the SUB.

Amex is reporting that they aren’t seeing a SUB tied to the card. Asked for 1 business day for all offers to appear. Will report back tomorrow evening.

I never received a pop up and I’ve spent quite a bit of money on my Amex cards this past year. It will definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth if they deny the SUB.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 11 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Update : Spoke with Amex this morning about the bonus not being tied to my account. Asked for a Platinum CS manager. They called over to the Rewards team and got it all straightned out. 150K HH points for 4K spend. They mentioned I had opened alot of cards with Amex lately but were going to honor the bonus due to amount spent on cards.

I will hit the required spend for the bonus before the month is over and we will see where things stand at that point. I believe they will honor the bonus though as I give them quite a bit of my spend and will be giving amex even more.

This throws a wrench in my plan for the SPG luxury card if I'm not able to get my fiancee the bonus due to SUB popup. I may just have to signup without the bonus. I would need the card before May as I have plans for the 50K night redemption in June 2020.

Message 12 of 20
Repairman
Established Contributor

Congrats! No hard pull? Does AMEX not do hard pulls for existing customers? I currently have the SPG card and want to apply for the Hilton.
Message 13 of 20
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I just picked up the Aspire too. I wish AMEX would beef up the card design. Could use a more premium look. Metal would also be nice!
Message 14 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Repairman wrote:
Congrats! No hard pull? Does AMEX not do hard pulls for existing customers? I currently have the SPG card and want to apply for the Hilton.

No, normally if you’re credit is in a good shape they will not do HP’s for additional products. 

Message 15 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
Congrats! I just picked up the Aspire too. I wish AMEX would beef up the card design. Could use a more premium look. Metal would also be nice!

I don’t ever plan to use the card except Hilton stays so it will remain SD’d

Message 16 of 20
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats!  This is probably my favorite Amex card!  Don't forget to take advantage of the airline credits.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 17 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Just to update this thread.

Received the signup bonus with no problems. 3 days after hitting Min spend.

This is my 6th amex card within 18 months. Always received the SUB's. Closed one card at the 12 month mark with less then $8,000 in yearly spend. Combined spend on all Amex accounts in 2018 was 46K

Message 18 of 20
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Just to update this thread.

Received the signup bonus with no problems. 3 days after hitting Min spend.

This is my 6th amex card within 18 months. Always received the SUB's. Closed one card at the 12 month mark with less then $8,000 in yearly spend. Combined spend on all Amex accounts in 2018 was 46K

They're pretty quick at getting the sub out once you meet your msr.  I just got the Aspire last December and experienced the same as you.  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Leaning more and more towards applying especially since I’m seeing that Amex tends to not do hard pulls for additional cards.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.