cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Honors Aspire Approved 10K

Valued Contributor

Re: Hilton Honors Aspire Approved 10K

Hopped on chat today to confirm the SUB.

Amex is reporting that they aren’t seeing a SUB tied to the card. Asked for 1 business day for all offers to appear. Will report back tomorrow evening.

I never received a pop up and I’ve spent quite a bit of money on my Amex cards this past year. It will definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth if they deny the SUB.

Total Revolving Limits $123,700

FICO 8 scores 01/2019
EX-776
TU-714
EQ-710
Message 11 of 19
Valued Contributor

Update : Spoke with Amex this morning about the bonus not being tied to my account. Asked for a Platinum CS manager. They called over to the Rewards team and got it all straightned out. 150K HH points for 4K spend. They mentioned I had opened alot of cards with Amex lately but were going to honor the bonus due to amount spent on cards.

I will hit the required spend for the bonus before the month is over and we will see where things stand at that point. I believe they will honor the bonus though as I give them quite a bit of my spend and will be giving amex even more.

This throws a wrench in my plan for the SPG luxury card if I'm not able to get my fiancee the bonus due to SUB popup. I may just have to signup without the bonus. I would need the card before May as I have plans for the 50K night redemption in June 2020.

FICO 8 scores 01/2019
EX-776
TU-714
EQ-710
Message 12 of 19
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! No hard pull? Does AMEX not do hard pulls for existing customers? I currently have the SPG card and want to apply for the Hilton.
Message 13 of 19
Established Member

Congrats! I just picked up the Aspire too. I wish AMEX would beef up the card design. Could use a more premium look. Metal would also be nice!
Message 14 of 19
Valued Contributor

@Repairman wrote:
Congrats! No hard pull? Does AMEX not do hard pulls for existing customers? I currently have the SPG card and want to apply for the Hilton.

No, normally if you’re credit is in a good shape they will not do HP’s for additional products. 

FICO 8 scores 01/2019
EX-776
TU-714
EQ-710
Message 15 of 19
Valued Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
Congrats! I just picked up the Aspire too. I wish AMEX would beef up the card design. Could use a more premium look. Metal would also be nice!

I don’t ever plan to use the card except Hilton stays so it will remain SD’d

FICO 8 scores 01/2019
EX-776
TU-714
EQ-710
Message 16 of 19
Established Contributor

Congrats!  This is probably my favorite Amex card!  Don't forget to take advantage of the airline credits.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:720 | TU:742 | EX:761
Message 17 of 19
Valued Contributor

Just to update this thread.

Received the signup bonus with no problems. 3 days after hitting Min spend.

This is my 6th amex card within 18 months. Always received the SUB's. Closed one card at the 12 month mark with less then $8,000 in yearly spend. Combined spend on all Amex accounts in 2018 was 46K

FICO 8 scores 01/2019
EX-776
TU-714
EQ-710
Message 18 of 19
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Just to update this thread.

Received the signup bonus with no problems. 3 days after hitting Min spend.

This is my 6th amex card within 18 months. Always received the SUB's. Closed one card at the 12 month mark with less then $8,000 in yearly spend. Combined spend on all Amex accounts in 2018 was 46K

They're pretty quick at getting the sub out once you meet your msr.  I just got the Aspire last December and experienced the same as you.  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:720 | TU:742 | EX:761
Message 19 of 19