Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Honors & Delta Gold Approvals

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Hilton Honors & Delta Gold Approvals

This morning checked i was almost pre-approved for all AMEX cards. So applied for these Hilton Honors (no annual fee card) and Delta Gold (First year free), incognito mode as the Hilton card was offering 100K points and Delta 50K points, both on just 1000 dollars spend in 3 months. Got approved for both but a joke 1K limit lol. But i don't care about the limits much since i have much higher limits cards anyway. The SUBs are the ones i care about most Smiley Happy just a 1.5 months of gardening haha...back to zero in garden again smh

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hilton Honors & Delta Gold Approvals

Good job!  nice snag on the SUB too!

Message 2 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@avp99 wrote:

Good job!  nice snag on the SUB too!

Thanks. Only drawback to that is i burnt a credit pull for these two approvals as it was incognito mode. My regular pre-approval in logged in AMEX account was showing lot less SUB

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Very nice Bonus on The Hilton, Congrats!!

@AJC Will be waiting at the Garden Gate, surely to put you to work.

interesting why they hard pulled you?, with (2) Amex Cards showing in your Siggy.

Message 4 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Very nice Bonus on The Hilton, Congrats!!

@AJC Will be waiting at the Garden Gate, surely to put you to work.

interesting why they hard pulled you?, with (2) Amex Cards showing in your Siggy.

i did the application incognito mode, without logging into my AMEX account.

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

best of Luck to you.

Message 6 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on 2 great approvals!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Those are some great subs! Feel like a broken record, but I love the Hilton cards. I feel like I get way more out of them than I should.
Message 8 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Do you know how the points redeem work for the Hilton card? I am not entirely sure how beneficial the card could be.

Message 9 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approvals. 3x CLI later on is always an option. They can and do grow. To answer your question, Hilton redemptions are dynamic, so they’re either going to be poor value or very good value for room redemptions. A little homework on dates and properties will certainly help you get better value. For airline transfers, I wouldn’t bother since the transfer ratios are horrendous.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.