cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hol-eee $@#*. BofA CashRewards. CLI to $59,000!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hol-eee $@#*. BofA CashRewards. CLI to $59,000!!!!

Wow! 

Bank Of America really likes my profile for whatever reason. They approve auto loans with no issues, constantly bug me for mortgages, etc.

Scores are 750 across the board. 2% util, about 15 accounts opened within the past 4 years. All credit lines are over $10k.

I upped by BofA card when the "Request credit limit increase" button became available a few months ago. This got me to $42,500 (which I thought was pretty neat).

Today, the "Request credit limit increase" button popped up again. I said, eh, what the heck.

It asked for desired limit. I put in $65k.

Wheel spun for a few, came back as approved. Counter offer of $59,000!

What a freaking mega limit! Never thought I would get to this point in my credit journey.

Screenshot_2.png

Will I ever use the high limit? Never. I figure it will help build my file, show other creditors that I can manage my credit quite well, be responsible, etc.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hol-eee $@#*. BofA CashRewards. CLI to $59,000!!!!

Awesome approval!

Now for the bad news... Unless I am mistaken (possible), FICO scoring generally does not consider credit lines above $45k...which means you've actually lost $42,500 of available credit for utilization padding.  Watch your score carefully over the next few weeks.

Message 2 of 23
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Looks like someone has some CL's to update in their signature Smiley Happy  You still have BOA listed at 20K and if your others have followed suit you should have a massive signature!

Message 3 of 23
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Wow. That's one heck of a credit line. Congrats! Out of curiousity, did they ever ask for POI on your climb up to $59k?

Message 4 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to Fico Legend statusSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 23
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I believe there are some version of FICO that does not factor balances or limits into revolving utilization for any credit card limit of $50k and above.
Message 6 of 23
mdd0214
Contributor

That's awesome! BOA has been giving out massive CLIs for me too. I constantly get long term 0% BT offers too so I've used that card to defer some balances without using up much of the util. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a fact on the FICO scoring? If so, that sucks!

Unless maybe this turns into a hidden tradeline?

Message 8 of 23
enerey
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! That is an awesome limit! When you asked for an increase is that a hp or a sp? I received my BOA card 3 months ago and would like to ask for an increase.  Thanks

Message 9 of 23
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome approval!

Now for the bad news... Unless I am mistaken (possible), FICO scoring generally does not consider credit lines above $45k...which means you've actually lost $42,500 of available credit for utilization padding.  Watch your score carefully over the next few weeks.

Not quite. FICO 8 and above include in it's calculations credit lines that high. It is only the older models like FICO 98 that can't account for anything above $34K in which it would exclude and therefore, might lose points - depending on the overall util.

The breakdown is:

FICO 98 - nothing higher than $34K~

FICO 4 - nothing higher than $49K~

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.