Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Approval Batman

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Approval Batman

My Discover finally unsecured the other day, and I received my deposit in the mail today and I guess I was feeling lucky or something... So I checked the prequal sites and AmEx had one... Delta Sky Miles... So I went ahead and instant $3000. I'd rather have the BCE.. But I'll take what I can get. Would it be pushing it, and another HP to app for the BCE too?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Holy Approval Batman

Amex typically will not process 2 applicatios for  revolver cards in any 5 day period  Your app would go pending and then get processed after 5 days. As far as another HP, YMMV

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you sitting on inquiries and what future plans do you have with your credit?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am ok on inquiries... I have been rebuilding for the past year, and have been waiting to get approved for an actual card I will utilize and can grow. I have that now with the Discover.. The AmEx will get used a lot for travel... So I guess I answered my own question. ☺️
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Discover finally unsecured the other day, and I received my deposit in the mail today and I guess I was feeling lucky or something... So I checked the prequal sites and AmEx had one... Delta Sky Miles... So I went ahead and instant $3000. I'd rather have the BCE.. But I'll take what I can get. Would it be pushing it, and another HP to app for the BCE too?

I did the BCE and Delta a week apart. HP for the approval on both, when i got denied for the BCP i didnt recieve a HP.

So I think if approved its a HP if denied its not a HP. if you already are a card member. or it might be a YMMV thing

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have not pulled the trigger on your Disco CLi button since graduating do so.

When I graduated they gave me a CLI of $750 at the same time. Then from reading here, I went to hit the CLI button the same day and there was another $500 for me.

It's only a soft pull so no harm.

Congrats on your graduation and approvals.
Message 6 of 7
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I apped for the BCE and Delta Gold (in that order) same night10-15mins apart, instant approval on both.  And congrats on the disco graduation!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.