Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap! Amex Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Crap! Amex Approved!

I was sooooooo not thinking I would get approved. I was denied last month for "unable to verify income and too many inquiries"

Today I saw I was recommended the card on CK, and it said I had "good" odds....
it was the $100 bonus and 10% Amazon Cash back that made me do it. Lol.

I about peed myself I was so excited. Not even a good limit but I am back with Amex!

Blue Cash Everyday
Instant Approval $1000
APR ???
Pulled EX
FICO 8 663
Util 0-1%
INQ's 18
Income $98k

Did I mention Holy Crap?!?!?!?!?!?!?
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy Crap! Amex Approved!

I need advice now.

Does Amex merge INQ's? Can I app for a second? Which one?

Does Amex do CLI right away? What is their policy? Soft pull?

Any info would be appreciated-had Amex long time ago but back then I didn't care about the little details. TIA
Message 2 of 26
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Once you're in with AMEX, you can app for additional cards with no HP unless you're approved. Given the small approval, I would wait a few months before going for any additional AMEX revolvers.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 3 of 26
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was sooooooo not thinking I would get approved. I was denied last month for "unable to verify income and too many inquiries"

Today I saw I was recommended the card on CK, and it said I had "good" odds....
it was the $100 bonus and 10% Amazon Cash back that made me do it. Lol.

I about peed myself I was so excited. Not even a good limit but I am back with Amex!

Blue Cash Everyday
Instant Approval $1000
APR ???
Pulled EX
FICO 8 663
Util 0-1%
INQ's 18
Income $98k

Did I mention Holy Crap?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You can app for a charge card like the PRG or the Green Card. They will not approve 2 revolvers on the same day with the same pull. One charge and one revolver would be a nice start with amex. Let us know if you decide to app for a charge card. Good Luck!

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 4 of 26
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Good advice all around.  At 1k limit, wait for asking for a CLI for 61 days.  Amex will grow with responsible use.  If you are going for an additional card, go charge card, not a revolver.  Good luck and congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Dj!!, question though , you said your back in, did you ever burn Amex? Inquiring minds would like to know, thanks lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Ok. I'm still freaking out. It was such a whim app and it was instant. I was seriously shocked. When it asked if I wanted to add an additional card holder after it was done with the "...... processing application" screen I was like, "holy crap am I really gonna get this" and even then I didn't think so. I figured it was a screen everyone got.

Thx for the advice. I may go for the green charge. Try it out.
I guess I don't understand the reason for a charge card though so I need to read up. Since I PIF anyway that part doesn't bother me and the rewards suck on it IIRC... so I must be missing something.

If anything I would do it to combine my limits to make a better limit Card.

AHHHhHH I am so happy. Crazy how a little piece of plastic can make someone so smiley all day.

@Joe-yes I was in with them before but never burnt them. I had them years ago and when all my cards started getting closed Amex shut me down as well. It was a zero balance though. So not sure how I looked internally but I can tell you I was done apping for cards except I wanted BCE and the Double Cash Citi card. That's my only card left I really truly want.
Message 7 of 26
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Charge cards don't have limits to combine Smiley Tongue

Skip it unless you're using it for work where you get it reimbursed and they probably have their own corp green card anyway.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading and I guess you can't combine a charge limit into a credit.

So besides the benefits like warranty, price match, concierge, etc.... (which I already have on multiple Visa Signatures) no real reason to get a charge card that I can see. I think I will wait my 61 days and try for the 3X CLI on Amex.

........Still super excited in case anyone was in doubt.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I need advice now.

Does Amex merge INQ's? Can I app for a second? Which one?

Does Amex do CLI right away? What is their policy? Soft pull?

Any info would be appreciated-had Amex long time ago but back then I didn't care about the little details. TIA
Some have had success applying for a second card 5-10 days after an approval and received larger starting limits on the second card as for CLI see the following link the last three months of posts have the best information for the current actions of American Express. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/4077154#M68027
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.