Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap! Lowes increased to $25k!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Crap! Lowes increased to $25k!

So I applied for lowes expecting a CL of around $500 but planned to recon for an increase per the many threads here. To my surprise I got a starting CL of $2k. So this morning I call to request a CLI to $25k thinking they would counter with $5-10k. They gave me the whole 25k. Just wow. Mind you, I only have 9 months of credit history is why I'm so shocked. My current scores are EQ 721 TU 740 EX 745
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Holy Crap! Lowes increased to $25k!

Wow that is fantastic#! Congratulations! 😄
Message 2 of 11
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Very nice!!! I've thought about trying to increase my Lowes limit but I don't want to poke the bear. I'm just going to fly low on their radar now Smiley Happy 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats s super jump for 1 phone callSmiley Happy Congrats and enjoySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet increase!

Lowe's has been known to give $30k - $35k limits to those with scores in your range so you honestly probably could have squeaked out even more.

I was approved with $3k when my credit score was about 725-730 and called right away to request $30k and instantly got it.  I was going to call back and ask for $35k after reading on these forums, but honestly $30k is already a ridiculous limit for a store card so no need Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you nevr have to carry a large balance with them.... the APR on those store cards .. YIKES

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow significant instant padding. sit back a couple of months and you should be able to get increases on all the bank cards
Message 7 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Awesome limit! Congrats!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope you nevr have to carry a large balance with them.... the APR on those store cards .. YIKES

I never carry a balance on ANY of my cards.  I don't even know (or care) what my APR is on any of my cards; my creditors could raise my APR's to 99.99% and not only would I not care, but I wouldn't even know as I never carry balances.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't carry a balance unless it's the special financing or the 18 month zero interest. I'm just happy about the extra padding for utilization purposes.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.