Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

So I've been planning a trip to France and wanted a TRUE Chip + Pin (Online AND Offline) card to make traveling easier.

I've not really wanted to app for another card, but I also wanted to have all my cards age together, so I'm finally DONE! DONE! with app'ing.

Approved: FirstTech Odyseey Rewards World Elite Masterard

APR: 11.99% (Lowest they offer)

SL: $50,000.00

You'll find me in the garden for the rest of my life. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

@RicHowe wrote:

So I've been planning a trip to France and wanted a TRUE Chip + Pin (Online AND Offline) card to make traveling easier.

I've not really wanted to app for another card, but I also wanted to have all my cards age together, so I'm finally DONE! DONE! with app'ing.

Approved: FirstTech Odyseey Rewards World Elite Masterard

APR: 11.99% (Lowest they offer)

SL: $50,000.00

You'll find me in the garden for the rest of my life. Smiley Happy

i would say congrats but i have to find my jaw cause it fell on the floor!Smiley Happy lol

Message 2 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new card and huge SL! Any datapoints you can provide such as inquiries, AAoA, income, etc. you might be willing to share? Finding info on this card like I mentioned before on the garden thread is like pulling teeth lol.

Message 3 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Datapoints:

CRA: Pulled Experian only

Fico8 Score (as of my last refresh): 735

AAoA: Probably less than 7 years (after this approval) Oldest 2003 (Closed Cap One) - 5 Cards opened over the past 3 months

INQs: Experian 4 HPs (last 3 months)

No Baddies/Delinquencies/Public Records

No more apps again ever (even the new AMEX Marriot card)! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, this is like winning the Powerball and riding off into the sunsetSmiley Happy. Super grats! The double double is impressive . Now i expect to see neon on those sponsorships in the garden, you can afford it nowSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

Datapoints:

AAoA: Probably less than 7 years (after this approval) Oldest 2003 (Closed Cap One) - 5 Cards opened over the past 3 months

These two datapoints are very interesting to me because I'm trying to plan my next app spree and researching it has me reorganizing which apps get priority over others. Seems like FT doesn't much care for recent pulls/accounts opened which is good in my case; means it can be one of the last ones to app.

Had to provide any POI/IV to get that limit?

Message 6 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

No kidding @AverageJoesCredit

In October I had NO credit or charge cards! I'm not sure why things fell into place, but the 9 years I had no credit taught me to budget, save money and live within my means. I pay in full and have my written budget on my refrigerator door. I'm an outlier as far a datapoints are concerned, and I know it. Those 9 years made sure I had a clean report before I jumped back in the pool with my head screwed on straight.

I'm pulling for you too, brother. We'll get there together. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

Datapoints:

These two datapoints are very interesting to me because I'm trying to plan my next app spree and researching it has me reorganizing which apps get priority over others. Seems like FT doesn't much care for recent pulls/accounts opened which is good in my case; means it can be one of the last ones to app.

No POI/IV so far. We'll see if there are any questions from the CU before I get the card. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

Datapoints:

No POI/IV so far. We'll see if there are any questions from the CU before I get the card. Smiley Happy

Assuming without prying too much your income is 6 figures? Trying to see what I could expect SL wise.

Message 9 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

Datapoints:

Assuming without prying too much your income is 6 figures? Trying to see what I could expect SL wise.

The MAX CL on this card is actually $100,000.00 so I fell in the middle CL for this card if you can believe it! Income $150k

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.