cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

tag
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!


@WavysMommy wrote:

I woke up Saturday to my NRewards generating an automatic CLI to $500(from $200). Yay! Unexpected, but based on DPs posted by users, I felt like I had a 50/50 chance.

 

I then took a gamble and applied for the More Rewards card....at around 4am. Read that your approvals get processed a bit faster and you're more likely to get an approval after 10pm. And since my 5 yr old woke up screaming after a bad dream, I was already awake, so...🤣🤣

 

I apply on the app, get the 24-48 hour message and I'm like....well, if I get it, I get it. If not, I'll try again in April. No biggie. I get a text alert at like 4:20-ish. It didn't say anything initially(no decision information), so I then go and check my email and literally GASPED/almost teared up. This is THE highest SL I've EVER had. And considering my BK, I honestly didn't expect anything like this. Not THIS soon.

Screenshot_20201206-045935_Gmail.jpg

 

The info on this forum has been invaluable in my rebuild. I didn't join right away, but I've lurked from before my BK discharge in August 2019. The DPs listed have been SO helpful. Now, I'm going to garden. I said that before but it's official official now. 

 

NFCU rocks!

 

DPs: TU is currently 631(Ex is 664, Eq 655). I'm 15 months post-BK discharge, and my first NFCU card was opened September 2020. I opened my saving and checking accounts in June 2020, and they're my primary accounts. I hit my 91/3 on 12/4, but the first increase showed on my account 12/5. It was also listed on my 12/4 statement.

 

Aggregate usage amongst cards under 20%. Shorter limit cards higher(like Indigo, which I'm closing TODAY), but I typically PIF by the end of the month with all except one. One card has a regular balance( my CO Quicksilver, which had my highest CL prior to my approval).

 

Positive payment history since BK. AAoC is around 10.5 years(student loans are like 19 years). AAoA 8 years. DTI: 3%. Oldest card around 15 months. Steady, consistent employment for 10 years; income $70,818, with yearly 2% increase.

 

 

 


Congratulations!

on fire.gif




Message 21 of 37
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

Congrats! That's the kind of SL I was hoping for with my recent app, but alas, I only got $1k.


Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 22 of 37
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

Congrats.  You take care of Navy and Navy takes care of you.🙂

Message 23 of 37
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

@OmarGB9    But 1k is better than a NO XD







Message 24 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!


@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats! That's the kind of SL I was hoping for with my recent app, but alas, I only got $1k.


Thanks! I actually would have been fine with 1k. I'm in rebuild, so my expectations were on the modest side. I was just hoping I didn't get declined. 

 

Give it 6 months or apply for another card at your 91/3. They're more generous than most, so I say just ride it out. I plan on sticking with them for the long-run. 

Message 25 of 37
crys12065
Established Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

Congrats on your success!!  




In the garden until 2020
Message 26 of 37
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!


@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@OmarGB9    But 1k is better than a NO XD


Very true. Smiley Happy I am definitely grateful for the approval.

 


@WavysMommy wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats! That's the kind of SL I was hoping for with my recent app, but alas, I only got $1k.


Thanks! I actually would have been fine with 1k. I'm in rebuild, so my expectations were on the modest side. I was just hoping I didn't get declined. 

 

Give it 6 months or apply for another card at your 91/3. They're more generous than most, so I say just ride it out. I plan on sticking with them for the long-run. 


My expectations were the opposite of yours, lol. I didn't expect the $20-$25k, but I was hoping for somewhere around $10k like you. Smiley LOL I am truly grateful I was approved at all, given my slightly high balances at the moment. I will most definitely treat my card well and see where I'm at in 6 months (or my 91/3, if I feel my file is in good shape at that time). Oh I plan to stick with them for the long run as well, no doubt.


Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

Wow that's great I just opened my checking / savings with NFCU. Did you have direct deposit going into your account or just dropped some money into it and used it as your regular day to day checking account? How long after opening the checking did you app for the first card ? And then after the first card how long till the second ? Did you put a lot of spend through the first CC you got with them ? Congrats again I'm hoping to be in the same position soon. I have pre approvals on there site just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Figured I should utilize the checking account first a bit before apping  

Message 28 of 37
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!


@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that's great I just opened my checking / savings with NFCU. Did you have direct deposit going into your account or just dropped some money into it and used it as your regular day to day checking account?  How long after opening the checking did you app for the first card ? And then after the first card how long till the second ? Did you put a lot of spend through the first CC you got with them ? Congrats again I'm hoping to be in the same position soon. I have pre approvals on there site just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Figured I should utilize the checking account first a bit before apping  


I have both a savings and checking account, and direct deposit a lil over 1/3, as I spread amongst three CUs. I also do biweekly transfers to my savings account. 

 

I didn't apply for my NRewards til September (3 months after establishing relationship) and didn't apply for my 2nd card until my 3rd full statement(91 days from account opening), and after they gave me a CLI. I only put about $35 a month of spend before my CLI, and before I app'd for the More Rewards card.

 

HTH!

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy #$%*!!! NFCU More Rewards Approval!

That's awesome! Congrats!

 

I'm 11 months post BK and hoping for something like this. I was under the impression that you needed to be 24+ months out of BK for them to approval anything more than $1k. 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.