cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Smokes Penfed!! Should I apply for another with he same HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy Smokes Penfed!! Should I apply for another with he same HP?

Late last night I was notified PENFED wanted last two pay stubs. Uploaded them and app still pending. Stay tuned.
Message 11 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Late last night I was notified PENFED wanted last two pay stubs. Uploaded them and app still pending. Stay tuned.

As long as the stubs are in the ballpark, congrats!  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

TURNED DOWN 08/29/2017

PROPORTION OF BAL-TO-LIMIT TOO HIGH
TOO MANY INQUIRIES LAST 12 MONTHS
LEN OF TIME REV ACCTS ESTABLISHED

Bal-to-Limit is pretty silly.  My util is showing at 4% on CR, but I have one card that I paid off $1700 on a $2000 balance.  I paid that off over 2 months ago, but the stupid card has not reported the zero balance.

Other two are pretty accurate.  I've added 11 new CC in last 3 months.

Should I bother calling RECON?

Message 13 of 22
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

I would wait on a survey that they usually will send out via email. Complete that giving your reasons why you want the approval for the Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy and you should recieve a call back from a Loan Officer. If your still turned down after that it's certainly not the end of the world with them. They will like to see some usage and payment history. 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got confirm they mailed me the Power Cash Reward with $15k SL which was auto Instant approval.  My guess is that when I the applied for Siggy card within an hour, that stopped up the plumbing and sent it to loan officer who then made me Walk like an Egyptian.  i will use the Power card, pay it down monthly, and play farmer with PENFED.

Of course I will send back the survey on the decline and try to RECON as well.

Message 15 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@credit_endurance wrote:

I would wait on a survey that they usually will send out via email. Complete that giving your reasons why you want the approval for the Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy and you should recieve a call back from a Loan Officer. If your still turned down after that it's certainly not the end of the world with them. They will like to see some usage and payment history. 

I'm surprised, but yeah this ^^.  If you have a balance transfer you'd like to do at 3% fee and 0% for 12 months, you could certainly call and speak with a loan officer.  They love being enticed with balance transfers and it would give you a chance to explain the high util on the other card that has been paid off (they'd be looking at your reports and should see the last reported date).

For once, I checked the thread before hitting Post and see that you replied.  Doesn't look like they told you to stop building pyramids so hopefully no worries there.

Message 16 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

11 cards in 3 months definetly has the Bangles playing on the PA at PF. Id take a 15k card and run like an EthiopianSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for walk like an egyptian

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...filled out the survey.  In the comments I wrote that I was disappointed to get turned down for the Platinum Reward card because it appeared to be a good card to compliment the Power Cash card.  An hour or so later I was called by Loan Officer.  She was very nice.  We talked for a bit of options to keep one card or switch to the other.  In the end we agreed to split the $15k to both cards at $7500 each.  So now I have two PENFED cards to nurture.

Message 19 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well played Smiley Happy. More POWER to the PLATINUMSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.