Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy moly Navy Fed approval!!!

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats! Hope all went well with the baby. Way to go with the approval and sl!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That troublesome baby was born 2 full weeks early weighing in at 9lbs 10oz. He's currently 4, rotten, and 50lbs. He is perfect in every way. Well worth all the trouble lol
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh boy! sounds perfect! glad to hear all is well!

Congrats on re-establishing credit with navy.

Very nice limit!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moly is right!!! NavyFed gives out some big spending limits!!! Congrats!
Message 15 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 16 of 21
stellar
Established Contributor

Curious what made Navy close it in the first place.  Was it late payments?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 late payments and consistently at/over the limit. I was on strict bedrest for 12 weeks during that last part of my pregnancy and using that card was how we survived day to day. I guess they got fed up that I wasn't make any progressand only digging myself deeper and closed it. I paid it in full with our tax return the next year. That's been 4 years ago, so I guess they liked the changes we've made since. Two better paying jobs, bought a house, have a savings etc.
Message 18 of 21
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

And the approvals keep rolling in. Maybe CO should take note of this instead of denying everyone for the Savor card.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 19 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Backstory, in 2014 they closed my credit card when we hit some financial difficulties after a very complicated pregnancy and birth. I paid it in full with our tax return the next year so it was closed and had good standing. Today I reopened my checking acct with Navy Fed today (member since 2005) with the intention to stash Christmas money and house Reno funds in it. I decided on a whim to see if they would let me back into a credit card, expecting a flat out denial or a toy limit. It went to 24 hour review. 20 mins I got a text saying it had been approved. I go into check it and YALL. I about fell outta my chair. $25k SL 12.75% int.

I guess they still like me even after all that mess in 2014♡♡

A huge congratulations to you. 

I hear trumpets playing in the background.

This is a wonderful story and it just goes to show again and speaks volumes why NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION is the Bomb!!!!!!

WooHoo.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.