Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Approval

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Home Depot Approval

So I was at home depot this morning getting a couple of vanity light fixtures and the lady asked if I wanted to apply for a card and save 20% on my purchase. I have been rebuilding now and probably shouldn't have, but I said yes. I assume the SL ($500) is the lowest you can get, but I guess this means I am back in with Citi now? I wouldn't mind trying to call and request a CLI if it doesn't require another HP.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Home Depot Approval

UPDATE: I called the number and did get a new SL of $2000. So from $500 to $2000 in 3 hours. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 32
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

they only approved me for 500 too. I did have to call in for verification and the rep was only able to approve me for that amount. I will try for a increase after I pay down navy federal which will lower my ulitization. congrats on your approval and cli. My score was 664 at the time of approval.

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just got approved online a few days ago for SL 500.00 as well.

Waiting to get the card to call in for CLI. I am happy just to get in there.

Message 5 of 32
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I applied online over three weeks ago but didn't received an instant decision, seems to be the norm for all of my apps lately. A week later I received a letter that my request couldn't be approved because my info couldn't be verified. I said to myself the what the ..., I ain't going to waist a hp for nothing, especially since I didn't received a call from them or anything else besides that letter. I called the number on the letter and first rep said she needed to transfer to a senior UW. UW asked a couple questions and the main reason I had applied for the card. I told her I needed new appliances and if possible was looking for a 10k CL. She then went ahead and processed my app and put me on hold for a couple minutes and when she came back she said congrats you have been approved but for a 5k CL. I said I'll take it.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 32
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

UPDATE: I called the number and did get a new SL of $2000. So from $500 to $2000 in 3 hours. Smiley Tongue

What number did you dial? They just gave me 500 and i'd like to try for more.

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

So I was at home depot this morning getting a couple of vanity light fixtures and the lady asked if I wanted to apply for a card and save 20% on my purchase. I have been rebuilding now and probably shouldn't have, but I said yes. I assume the SL ($500) is the lowest you can get, but I guess this means I am back in with Citi now? I wouldn't mind trying to call and request a CLI if it doesn't require another HP.

Congrats. You're doing a great job.  Keep up the good work.Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.