Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Approval

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Home Depot Approval

So today after my 3rd trip to Home Depot because I need to learn to mesure a project before buying materials the cashier asked me if I wanted to save 25 dollars by applying for the credit card. I havent apped for anything for almost 2 years so I thought why not? Instant approval 6000 SL which I though was pretty good. Not sure how much I will use it but it increases my total credit limit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot Approval

congrats if you wanted you might be able to call in and get the limit increased

Message 2 of 5
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Been eyeing that card myself... nice SL too.

Message 3 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Call and ask for a higher limit - just say you have several projects ongoing and you might be interested in their project financing special offers. Say there is a good chance I'll need a $5k credit limit  - if your scores/income/reports are just "good" you'll get at least $3k and probably the $5k so you won't have max out your new card each month. Note my HD card is at $25k and I probably don't use more than say $500-$1000 total per year, but it's nice to have zero interest for 12 months for a new $750 lawnmower or 6 months same as cash for a $400 powerwasher.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval and nice SL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.