Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Consumer Card

tag
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

Home Depot Consumer Card

I had been eyeing this card for a LOOOONG time checking the pre-qual link often to see if I would get an offer, but I've never got anything except the dreaded, we have no offers available for you response. Understandable since it's a CitiBank card & I do have a BK on file from 4.5 years ago as well as 1 late payment on my Target card from almost 2yrs ago.

Well today was the day. I decided to take a leap of faith because I want to get my foot in the door with CitiBank as well as buy a french door with the deal they have going on. I app'd online, no pre-qual offer available, & was instantly approved for......wait for it.......$500! The limit is so lousy I decided to call right after I finished. I explained that I want to buy a french door and the limit was ridiculous compared to all my other cards, & my current credit profile. She asked me what I wanted my limit to be so I decided to be modest & just ask for $5,000 to start. She pulled my credit, first pull was a soft pull, & said they could raise it to $2,000. Not bad at all so obviouly I took the new CL. Just thought I would share my experience with them, but I'm just super excited to have a Citi backed card in my wallet as it's one of the only banks that has turned me away consistently every time I've applied for a card with them. Thanks to this forum & the vast knowledge of information I wouldn't be here right now!!

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Home Depot Consumer Card

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and CLI!
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the door opened up for Citi...
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. The crazy part is they did a SP and raised it to $2000. Why not just give you the two grand at first?!

Message 5 of 31
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation’s on your approval. Why not apply for Lowe’s? They do SP CLI. I’d watch my alerts and don’t be shocked if they hit you again with a HP. Going forward it will require a HP for CLI. I have same card and wished I appd for Lowe’s instead. Good luck with the new doors.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 6 of 31
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:
Congratulation’s on your approval. Why not apply for Lowe’s? They do SP CLI. I’d watch my alerts and don’t be shocked if they hit you again with a HP. Going forward it will require a HP for CLI. I have same card and wished I appd for Lowe’s instead. Good luck with the new doors.

Thanks! My wife has the Lowe's card, they're awesome, Synchrony is very good to us with CLI. I'm not worried about the HP. I don't apply for much that often & I make sure I keep the CLI's spread out. The 2 main reasons I went for the card is A) it's a way to get my foot in the door with CitiBank & B) Lowe's selection on interior French doors is literally a handful compared to Home Depot & they also have 12 months 0%apr going on as well as $100 off $1,000+

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 7 of 31
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot sucks for CLI's. They do hard pulls. I requested a lousy 500 CLI to get me to a 1k limit, and they declined for too many inquiries. I was at 12 for the last 2 years with EX. I'll be applying for a Lows CC in the future. I'm not gonna take an HP for a CLI if I can help it. 

Message 8 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the HD card and the excellent recon Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 31
Naomi_y1
Established Member

Congrats! I have a 6.4yr old Ch13. Been rebuilding over the last 2 yrs. Citi has denied several pre-qualifications for the Lowes Consumer Card. Today, I shockingly recieved an approval. Only $500 sl, but I'm just happy to get my foot into Citi's door.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.