Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot approval!

So I’m new here, but I’ve been trying to repair my credit for some time now and been reading up on these forums.

My wife and I are about to put in new flooring in our home, so I was nervous at first, but after weeks of contemplating if I should take the plunge or not, I finally decided to go ahead and apply for the Home Depot credit card.

I was approved for $500! While exciting that I actually got approved, I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile to call the back door number and try to recon? I’ve never done so before, so any advice would be greatly appreciated !

My EQ score (which is what they pulled) is 648 fico 8, fico Bankcard 8 EQ is 661. Also 2 collections that are paid off. Not sure if it’s worth trying !

EDIT: Called the backdoor number, asked for 10k and they countered with 3500!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Home Depot approval!

Congrats on ur approval, you can call for a CLI i went from 500 to 2k when u did this, Others too.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I ask for the 2k or should I ask for more?
Message 3 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

With home depot card youll ask for 10k and they will counter for 5k  (more or less) wait few months and ask for 10k again and they should give u 10. after 10k gets harder to cli.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what the backdoor number is? I just received the same $500 but need a new washer and dryer!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

423-467-6957
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be shy, apply.

Message 7 of 9
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I’m new here, but I’ve been trying to repair my credit for some time now and been reading up on these forums.

My wife and I are about to put in new flooring in our home, so I was nervous at first, but after weeks of contemplating if I should take the plunge or not, I finally decided to go ahead and apply for the Home Depot credit card.

I was approved for $500! While exciting that I actually got approved, I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile to call the back door number and try to recon? I’ve never done so before, so any advice would be greatly appreciated !

My EQ score (which is what they pulled) is 648 fico 8, fico Bankcard 8 EQ is 661. Also 2 collections that are paid off. Not sure if it’s worth trying !

EDIT: Called the backdoor number, asked for 10k and they countered with 3500!

Which one/s did they pull from?

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, very nice indeed! Enjoy those new floorsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.