Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot big surprise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot big surprise

After the storms of this year I been shelling out cash and cc for repairs and upgrades to the house.   Last week got HD ad for preapproval in mail. DW and I talked about wanting a generator and to continue on the repair cycle. I then decided to apply.  It spins around for about 10 seconds and said call them.  I call they want to verify me phone number  BR 749  (lol) how much do I want. I said about $4,000 to work on   repairs. My fear ejection or low limit The rep puts me on hold for about 1 minute and says your approved for $8,000 and card will come in plain white envelope in about  5 days.  My scores TU 760 EQ  755 Ex 710  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot big surprise

Congrats!  That's a nice starting SL.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I was not looking for $8000 I though maybe $5000

Message 3 of 11
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Nice.  I just recently got in with HD as well.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going BackwoodsSmiley Happy. I agree thats an excellent slSmiley Happy. Its nice that they hit you up with a strong opening limit. It bodes well that if you need more it wont be preposterous to go for 20 k lol when you decide to try for another cl. Hope the repairs are coming alongSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After the storms of this year I been shelling out cash and cc for repairs and upgrades to the house.   Last week got HD ad for preapproval in mail. DW and I talked about wanting a generator and to continue on the repair cycle. I then decided to apply.  It spins around for about 10 seconds and said call them.  I call they want to verify me phone number  BR 749  (lol) how much do I want. I said about $4,000 to work on   repairs. My fear ejection or low limit The rep puts me on hold for about 1 minute and says your approved for $8,000 and card will come in plain white envelope in about  5 days.  My scores TU 760 EQ  755 Ex 710  

Congrats Backwoods,

Now that's what's up! ;-)

If you don't mind me asking, what is the interest rate of this CL?  I do not have an account with them, but each and every time I enter their store, they keep trying to hit me up to app with them.... lol....

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new HD card. Great starting limit, too. I love my card. Just financed my new roof on it with two years zero interest. As to the question in the thread about interest, it is high. It's value to me is the ease of ordering online and the zero financing on large projects. I am renovating my home so I have plans to use it again when my roof is paid in full.

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, yes interest is high. I decided to buy a ladder a couple weeks ago to keep it active, hadnt used since Oct 16. Decided this isnt the card to carry balance on so pif and look forward to next 6 months of possibly not using it hahaSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interest Rate Not sure I think around 25% whch is high. They did not tell me when I was approved. The mail piece has a range. I really wanted it for the no interest if paid in 12 months coupon and the store promos of 6 months no interest.  I am planning on buying a generator (10,000 watt) next week because of all the storms and some wall board and plywood for a bedroom upgrade. I would rather pay some interest than tie up my QS,  AMex or Disco cards all of which better interest rates.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.