cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot double CLI, hitting a goal, and amex confusion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home depot double CLI, hitting a goal, and amex confusion.

A few months back I pulled the trigger on a CLI for my home depot card, and while I was congratulated I was also told I may have left money on the table. I kinda brushed it off because it was more than double my original limit. That said, there is always the part of your brain that wonders.

After paying the card off I look at the request increase button and wonder "did I really?". After thinking on it I decide to try again. My limit sat at 10k...i decide I'll try to double up and go for 20k. Approved! Big project in the future? There may be now Smiley Happy

The next day, I decide to check my scores and discover excitedly that one thing I've been chasing for some time has finally happened; I'm in the 700 club! To be fair I've been there with TU and EQ for some time, but experian? Oh they are a picky bunch and not as willing to move, constantly staying under that 700 line ever since I've started checking my scores. Up till now they'd go up to 698 and stop there and never go higher. Guess I've done enough sweet talking to finally cross the threshold. I think everyone has that one bureau that likes to play " hard to get". Experian is mine.

Finally after years of a goofy relationship, my SO and I have decided to make it a goofy marriage. Remembering that she is an authorized user on 4 of my cards, I call Citi, discover, chase, and amex to inform them of the name change. The conversations with them pretty much went as follows.

Discover- "Congratulations on getting married! We will get that info changed and ship a new card to you right away."
Me- "Sounds great, thank you"
Citi- "Congratulations on getting married! We will get that info changed and ship a new card to you right away."
Me- "Sounds great, thank you."
Chase- "Congratulations on getting married! We will get that info changed and ship a new card to you right away."
Me- "Sounds great, thank you."
Amex- "Congratulations on getting married! We will send you papers that you will have to fill out and return to us, including a copy of the marriage certificate."
Me- "Sounds great, th.....wait, what?"

Really, Amex? Why are you the only ones that have to make this a chore? Is this really necessary? Well, no it clearly isn't as the other companies did it over the phone without an issue. Has anyone here ran into this?

Anyway it's been a good couple of months, so this won't drag me down but it is weird that amex has to make this more complicated than it needs to be.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Re: Home depot double CLI, hitting a goal, and amex confusion.

Congrats...both on the cli and on the new SL...(spouse limit)

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting married!Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations all around!

P.S. Experian is my problem child as well. Frustrating.

Message 4 of 7
swpopham
Established Contributor

couldnt you just close her amex card. Then add user, and enter her new name and ssn have it shipped?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on everything...great news!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Swpopham- Didn't think of that! Not a bad idea. I just might try that.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.