Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How? BoA Card #2

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

How? BoA Card #2

LOVE BOA.

Looked thru the forums and noticed that if you get a decent SL with your first card, BoA  generally likes you. I have a solid relationship with them in being my primary CHK, SAV, and an IRA of nearly $150K from my father managed by ML. I figured while I'm on this roll, go for everything. TW I get approved for 3700 immediately --- a few days ago CLI to $10K. I figure, why not?? Apply for BOA Cash Rewards b/c of Platinum Honors status....... BOOM! Approved 3700 immediately; no INQs whatsoever (YET!). And I pay for MyFICO, CCT, and get alerts thru Experian, CK (I know, of course not FICO), etc. 

Scores below, but other than that:

Inc: $60,000 with newer raise, will likely be higher

Rent: $500 thru my buddy per month,

My ultimate goal is the Merrill +.... looks like they used the same report from my CLI for the Cash Rewards. Do I go for Merrill Visa + thru my advisor tomorrow?     ML/BOA is what I want to run almost all of my spend thru.

Thanks in advance.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How? BoA Card #2

Congrats on your new card! 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BoA approval
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Lol, if you have assets with them they likeySmiley Happy

When i reconned my last cli request, lets just say what i had in the bank at the moment didnt sway the decision in my favorSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the congrats, all!

Do you think I should piggy back on this and go for the Merrill + VS?

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

More love from BoA on the new Cash Rewards.... I saw the CLI button on the new card (before even receiving it) after having had the BoA TW for only a little over a month and going from $3.7K to $10K. I hit it, hard pull TU (CK notified me), then a review message with no immediate offer. Then got very sad Smiley Sad . I check 5 minutes later and they upped my CL from $3.7K to 5K. Not a huge bump, but I'll take it!

Man, I need to learn how to garden Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, gardening is hard especially with gardners 76ing and odd_dogs a roaming aroundSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Always making people feel better about themselves, AJC... thanks Smiley Happy

I'm actually going into the Garden now, though. I need to.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.