cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Sincere are Bank of America Prequalification Offers????

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

How Sincere are Bank of America Prequalification Offers????

Firstly, I was just approved for a Navy Federal card for $15,000. Biggest line so far(Third Navy Federal Card)! WooHoo! Anyway, Lol..... I often go to the pre-qualification site of Bank of America, and they never say that there is no offer for me, so now I'm wondering, do they offer you cards just to get you to apply, and then basically, if you don't get approved, you take a hard hit for no reason whatsoever? Transunion 734, Equifax 680, Experian 677. One collection item on equifax and transunion (medical bill $1,346). Credit utilization is at 19% currently. Only because I recently did a balance transfer and the balance on the new card is still showing at zero and not reflecting the transfer as of yet. LOL 

I know you guy can help me get to the root of this! Thanks for your help!!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Sincere are Bank of America Prequalification Offers????

Their site isn’t true pre approvals... it’s merely cards you may be interested in. You could either cold app if there is a card you’re interested in or the other option is open a checking or savings account with them and see if there are offers at the time.
Message 2 of 12
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Will they pull my credit to open a checking account?

Message 3 of 12
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

They’ll HP Chexsystems and SP Experian
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

... if you don't get approved, you take a hard hit for no reason whatsoever?

There is a reason, a very good one at that: credit seeking. 

Seeking credit and NOT getting a HP is sweet surprise that one would do well to cherish, but not expect. 

Message 5 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

Firstly, I was just approved for a Navy Federal card for $15,000. Biggest line so far(Third Navy Federal Card)! WooHoo! Anyway, Lol..... I often go to the pre-qualification site of Bank of America, and they never say that there is no offer for me, so now I'm wondering, do they offer you cards just to get you to apply, and then basically, if you don't get approved, you take a hard hit for no reason whatsoever? Transunion 734, Equifax 680, Experian 677. One collection item on equifax and transunion (medical bill $1,346). Credit utilization is at 19% currently. Only because I recently did a balance transfer and the balance on the new card is still showing at zero and not reflecting the transfer as of yet. LOL 

I know you guy can help me get to the root of this! Thanks for your help!!!!

Bank of America site Pre-Quals are so sincere, Most Dog names Qualify.

Honestly do a little research, and if you feel you Qualify for BoA, then just cold app.

Keep in mind Pre-Quals are NOT a 100% guarantee you will absolutely be approved.

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

And Congrats on your Navy Approval!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fake! 

But I did enter my info.. and got a mailer 2 months later, not sure if it's related.

Message 8 of 12
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Navy approval!!!

Message 9 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Navy approval!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.