Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often to request CLI on discover - Update: CLI Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often to request CLI on discover - Update: CLI Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
Call them now and try to double dip, tell CSR you were expecting more and if there is more available, sometimes you will get lucky and double up. If they offer to HP in order to grant more, tell them no thanks.

Thanks for the tip! I just called and they were able to bump it up another $500, so $1000 total! How often should I be doing this? This is my first CLI request with Discover; the first CLI was on their end, and it was more signifigant, I think $2000.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often to request CLI on discover - Update: CLI Approved

Where's my cut?

Congrats on double dipping. For future readers, there are 2 types of DD, both needs to be done within 24 hours of the initial approval.

1. After an auto CLI - Log on and manual request CLI online, often you will double up.

2. After manual request online - Call in POLITELY ask if more is available.

As for how often you should request online from this point on, I think every 30 or 60 days is a good range, I ask every 30 days myself, just got 3 increase in 4 months (5k total increase) after a year of drought.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.