cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby got his Walmart MC today and a CLI!

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hubby got his Walmart MC today and a CLI!

Had to call in to activate it (automated process) because a PIN had to be set. He also got a $600 CLI bringing his limit to $6,600. Hubby doesn't like the orange colour though. Lol
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hubby got his Walmart MC today and a CLI!

Still waiting on mine. Account been showing the new card was sent for the past 3 weeks but nothing yet.
Don't know why it's taking so long.
Hopefully I'll see a cli also. Been at 6000 for a couple
years now.
Congrats on the new card.
Message 2 of 14
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hubby's was showing for a few weeks too, so hopefully yours will arrive soon.
Message 3 of 14
Curious0ne
New Contributor

That's odd, that's exactly what I got too. I did the upgrade today and they gave me a $600 increase to $6600. I thought that it was a strange increase but whatever's clever! Congrats!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for the CLI, hoping I'll have some similar experience got approved for only $500 applied online had to call in for verification. Asked for CLI on the spot got denied I guess I'll wait for the card and try again.

Scores are in 730-760
Message 5 of 14
happypill
Valued Contributor

That's interesting, I have a $6k credit limit as well, I guess that's a popular number for them.  Haven't received my new card yet either, so we'll see when it gets here.

Message 6 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

You are all aware that the upgrade creates a new account on your reports with the starting date of the day you activate and the old account gets closed?

Just checking, some have been fooled by this upgrade.  If you don't mind a new account and your old account being closed, no big dea.  But if you do mind your AAoA being hit then consider if it is worth it.  After all, for those with any other rewards Visa or MC in their wallet, then the Walmart MC doesn't really have any benefits over the store card.  I am keeping my store card for the age of it.  1% is all it gets outside of Walmart, almost every other rewards card has at least this if not more.  Just sayin.....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just about every Sync upgrades, reports as a new account.  For most of the upgrades it's worth it to move some of your credit lines from the "store card reporting" to bankcard especially if there's no annual fee, the AAOA doesn't really take a huge hit at all unless you have a bunch of new accounts reporting. THe closed line will still show up for 10 years.

Message 8 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just about every Sync upgrades, reports as a new account.  For most of the upgrades it's worth it to move some of your credit lines from the "store card reporting" to bankcard especially if there's no annual fee, the AAOA doesn't really take a huge hit at all unless you have a bunch of new accounts reporting. THe closed line will still show up for 10 years.

Yeah, but still it really is just an upgrade and you can buy anything from Walmart.  Walmart let's you use their website for purchases from many many different companies.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 14
NattyPButter
Contributor

would this show up on report if I don't activate it?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.