Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby's new Discover card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby's new Discover card

Hi everyone, I wanted to share the good news about my husband's new Discover card!  He has been receiving invitations to apply for a couple of months now and the most recent was too good to pass up: 0% interest on balance transfers AND purchases for 14 months! AND no BT fee! So we finally decided to pull the trigger: he was instantly approved for $8,000 SL!  The app screen didn't allow him to enter any balance transfers so he called and spoke with a CSR and was able to transfer about $2500 to the new card.  The Rep tells him that his SL has been increased to $14,000 after the BT!  OMG Smiley Surprised!!

This is all so exciting because he had a bankruptcy back in 12/2012 as a result of a divorce and has been treading the low 600s.  His only cards were a crappy Credit One card and a couple of small cards issued by Synchrony - all nearly maxed.  I made him an AU on a couple of my cards after we got married and took over his finances.  He now has a 706 according to EQ.

I always come here when I need advice and always get good feedback.  In turn I am able to pass it on to my hubby! Thank you everyone!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hubby's new Discover card

Wow, I was approved yesterday with a SL of $11,500, but I turned down a balance transfer offer. I should have taken it! =(

Message 2 of 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

That's great news all round, congrats to him and you.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Such a great company to be in with. Congratulations!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and great SL!

Message 5 of 11
Nayola
Contributor

Fantastic CLI.  Discover Rocks. 

When I first got my Discover card 16 months ago, my initial limit was $11,000.  I immediately did a balance transfer.  Then three months later they automatically increased my limit to $15,000. As of today, my CLI is up to $24,000.  I Heart Discover

My husband's luck hasn't been as good.  Maybe it's because he didn't initially request a balance transfer.  His Discover has been stuck at $5,000 for awhile now.

Whatever the case, Congratulations.

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congrats. My theory with Discover is when you get 10k plus starting limits you are bucketed for the big limits . Youll see 20k in no time. Its us lesser Joes that gotta scratch and claw for cli lol. Ill hit 10k in about 10 years i thinkSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I was approved yesterday with a SL of $11,500, but I turned down a balance transfer offer. I should have taken it! =(

@Anonymous Don't worry...if you were allowed a BT at time of app it'll probably be in your offers when you receieve and activate your card.  Most likely with the same offer that was available at the time of approval.  Congrats on your new card!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit, RIGHT?!  Ironically his SL is HIGHER than mine although my score is nearly 70 points than his!! 

I opened a card about 2 years ago, got $6k SL and it's only up to $7500. SMH  Smiley FrustratedSmiley Tongue

Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to DH on his approval and CLI! Also shoutout to you for helping him keep his profile intact Smiley Happy

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.