Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Target CLI and PC to MC

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Huge Target CLI and PC to MC

So I was shocked when I got 2 letters recently regarding my Target store card which is approximately 2 years old and had a 2k CL. The first letter said my CL had been raised to 9k and the second letter stated I would be getting the Target MC. I did put a lot of spend 2k + on the card in November / December due to buying electronic items I was reselling. Very surprised indeed as I rarely got CL increases on this card before.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Huge Target CLI and PC to MC

Congratulations on your CLI and upgrade!
Message 2 of 16
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:
December due to buying electronic items I was reselling.

Congratulations!

I am an old man. Can you explain how you are reselling electronic items you purchased from Target? Is that profitable?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 16
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@morgacj2004 wrote:
December due to buying electronic items I was reselling.

Congratulations!

I am an old man. Can you explain how you are reselling electronic items you purchased from Target? Is that profitable?

I am just saying, Target lost money this quarter selling electronics. Please share your secret sauce.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@mikesonthemend it's called retail arbitrage. A good example of it would be buying games at GameStop when they're buy 2, get 2 free. You then turn around and sell them when the sales are over.  My friend just bought out a GameStop that was going out of business and had everything at 70% off and he'll be selling all the games in his store for normal prices.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Target CLI and upgrade!

Message 7 of 16
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@mikesonthemend it's called retail arbitrage. A good example of it would be buying games at GameStop when they're buy 2, get 2 free. You then turn around and sell them when the sales are over.  My friend just bought out a GameStop that was going out of business and had everything at 70% off and he'll be selling all the games in his store for normal prices.

Capitalism Rules!

Message 8 of 16
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

That’s when it helps to gave a big CL. I nearly maxed out my Target card each month

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 9 of 16
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on your target cli, well deserved.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.