cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huh??? Did I just use the SCT and got approved for Victoria's Secret???!!!???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huh??? Did I just use the SCT and got approved for Victoria's Secret???!!!???

@nickkinfl wrote:

I am rebuilding my credit with Fico scores starting in December 2015 around 530's-550's across the board. I opened a 5/3 secured Mastercard in Dec 2015 for $300, a USAA secured Amex for $300 in Jan 2016 and got an approval last month for Capital One rebuilder card with $100 limit, with increase to $500 with on time payments after 5 months. Oh and a Fingerhut account that started out at $300 in June 2015 with regular increases, my limit is now $1400 with $0 balance.

I tried to get a Cap 1 QS! last month but denied. I tried Target...denied. I tried the SCT several times but no luck until today! I was approved for a $500 Victoria's secret card! I'm still in shock because even though I have paid all of my revolving accounts on time and I keep my balances very low , I thought that it would be YEARS before I could get approved for any unsecured credit besides Cap 1! My Fico scores are now in the high 570's across the board and I have an auto charge off on my cr for over $10,000 and a Cap 1 collection account from 2012. No other baddies. I have had them all removed with disputes and PFD. My next goal is to get over the 600 score hump.

I am still in shock and I'm kind of expecting Comenity to send me a letter with laughing faces all over saying, "you silly fool, you know this was a joke right?".

I guess all of the hours that I have spent reading these forums and ocd'ing over my credit report is finally paying off right!?!  I'm still expecting them to send me an "error" letter!

Congrats !!!!! Doing something that they love.  Keep up great work.  On rebuilding you will get there sooner or later.  Capital One Quicksilver is really Great card and I love them they have helped on my rebuilding I had a Secured card for close to a year with them and then I Check Prequalifed offers and Quick silver popped up.  I was approved for it with 500 Dollars SL then After the 3rd statement cut I tried CLI request and got it.  I went from 500 to 3000.  Mind you I ran everything through that card I was PIF alot between statements.  I ran one month over 4000 dollars through it and I hit a barrier once with it because I was making to many payments.  You will get there.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.