Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt APPROVED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyatt APPROVED!!!!

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. I am shaking, because this seems so unreal. I started reading the forums here in 2016 and, although there have been a few slips here and there, I've been improving. I've stayed in the garden since May 2017 and only applied for soft pull increases on my existing cards. I am a member of MLife and have been wanting a rewards card that would contribute to my stays in Las Vegas (not a big gambler, but enjoy hiking the Nevada parks). Sorry, I'm beginning to ramble. In short, I have been watching my two lowest scores slowly improve and took a shot on a cold app a few minutes ago for the Chase Hyatt card and was approved with a $9,000 starting limit. THANK YOU all for taking the time to offer your advice, stories, and encouragement to all who come to these boards. I will continue to build my credit and use it wisely.

ETA DPs: Chase website said they had no prequalified offers for me.

I've had a Chase personal checking and savings account since 2008.

The new account is now showing up when I log into my bank account.

Hard pull on EQ and EX

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Hyatt APPROVED!!!!

Congrats, that's a great approval!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! That's a great approval!!!! I know how it feels to come so far and being congratulated for a new card is always so exciting!!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. I am shaking, because this seems so unreal. I started reading the forums here in 2016 and, although there have been a few slips here and there, I've been improving. I've stayed in the garden since May 2017 and only applied for soft pull increases on my existing cards. I am a member of MLife and have been wanted a rewards card that would contribute to my stays in Las Vegas (not a big gambler, but enjoy hiking the Nevada parks). Sorry, I'm beginning to ramble. In short, I have been watching my two lowest scores slowly improve and took a shot on a cold app a few minutes ago for the Chase Hyatt card and was approved with a $9,000 starting limit. THANK YOU all for taking the time to offer your advice, stories, and encouragement to all who come to these boards. I will continue to build my credit and use it wisely.

It’s always encouraging to read about someone’s progress. Great job. Nice starting line with Chase. 

Who did they pull for you?

Message 4 of 16
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats on the SL!

I've just started my journey into these forums about 2 months ago and really learned a lot. There are alot of educated and decorated people that are great at sharing their experience. It's always fun to see the good stories.

Robot Very Happy

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great SL, use it wisely OP!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. I am shaking, because this seems so unreal. I started reading the forums here in 2016 and, although there have been a few slips here and there, I've been improving. I've stayed in the garden since May 2017 and only applied for soft pull increases on my existing cards. I am a member of MLife and have been wanted a rewards card that would contribute to my stays in Las Vegas (not a big gambler, but enjoy hiking the Nevada parks). Sorry, I'm beginning to ramble. In short, I have been watching my two lowest scores slowly improve and took a shot on a cold app a few minutes ago for the Chase Hyatt card and was approved with a $9,000 starting limit. THANK YOU all for taking the time to offer your advice, stories, and encouragement to all who come to these boards. I will continue to build my credit and use it wisely.

It’s always encouraging to read about someone’s progress. Great job. Nice starting line with Chase. 

Who did they pull for you?

Yes, it is! I really didn't think this was going to happen today, and literally asked myself why on earth I did it as the screen was "thinking" about the outcome of the app. Unbelievable result. So far, I haven't received any alerts from MyFico, but did get one from Experian's free monitoring about the new pull, so I will have to wait and see if they pulled anyone else but them. I've read they are typically two pulls and, based on my location (SE Ohio), there may be another from EQ.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s be cool to only have an EX pull. They only pulled EX for me in MD last April.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
It’s be cool to only have an EX pull. They only pulled EX for me in MD last April.

Yes, that would be very nice Smiley Very Happy I'm hoping that's the case. I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know the end result on the pulls.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Congrats! Great SL, use it wisely OP!

Thank you and I absolutely will Smiley Wink My next step is to close Merrick. I've had no issues with them, but I know it's not going to grow to the extent I would like, offers no rewards, and has an annual fee. I've just been waiting on a day like this to do it. I will also eventually close Barclay Frontier card when I can get the Chase Southwest one. That will be at last another year, so I am back in the garden now until May 2019.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.