cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Broke My Own Gardening Rule... With Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Broke My Own Gardening Rule... With Success!

So I stepped out of the garden briefly... It all started with Apple Card. Knowing they do soft pulls, I kept trying every couple of weeks. I've seen my score go up from about 20-40 points over the last month and a half so I kept trying. I think I've had about 5 denials.

Then CapitalOne went ahead and upped my Spark card by $100. Pitiful. But I took it because on the business side I'm really under what I need and I've been asking them for a while.

Then suddenly last week I was approved for the Apple Card for a $1500 CL! So I took that as well because I've really been wanting this card.

Then I decided to do a pre-qual check for the major providers today and I was approved for a Cap1 Platinum Mastercard at $1000 CL for 18 months 0% APR. I already have this card in secured form. I put $100 and then they bumped it to $500 after 6 months of good record. I went ahead and took the new one to add the extra credit to my file and it's nice to know I have 0% APR if I ever want to take advantage of it for the next 18 months. I tried calling them and asking them to merge the two but they said they don't do that. So now I have two of the same cards which is kind of annoying but whatever.

So in the past 3 months I've seen my scores jump roughly 60-80 points and approved for 2 new cards and a credit limit increase when about 3 months ago I couldn't get a bone! I know I've been on a little spree, but I'm done and heading back to the garden to let my file build up with good info. Went from $2200 total CL (half of it secured) to $4800! Since I started my repair journey over 2 years ago I always make multiple payments and never carry a balance. I still have 2 baddies on my report and I anticipate paying one of those early 2020. Just hoping my DiscoverIt card graduates next month (7 month mark)! If it does that money will go instantly towards paying off those baddies. I don't have any expectations but my behavior has been good so hopefully Discover let's me have my money back, we'll see!

I'm a little dissapointed I didn't stick to my original garden date (in my sig) but it all worked out really well! Very proud of my journey so far!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: I Broke My Own Gardening Rule... With Success!

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Kudos to you.

We all have a garden lapse or an itch we must scatch to apply for one more card 😆. At least you were successful when you jumped the fence. And now you're back. View it as "everything is as it should be."

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 6
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd jump the fence with what you got too. Congrats! Maybe the fence needs to be electrified!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.