cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I FINALLY got my Eleanor (BCE)...well the one at the end of the movie...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I FINALLY got my Eleanor (BCE)...well the one at the end of the movie...

So as some of you may know, i have been dying to get a BCE card but i knew my credit didnt qualify. My mom was willing to help me get in and she told me her scores (FAKO) and it of course made me sick but she's worked hard and deserves it. Anyways, she tried to find the AU option on the application and it was not there (i have seen some people say you can add during application and some say you have to wait to the card gets there). So it comes back saying the dreaded 14-day message and i thought "Oh know what did i miss" but after reassuring her because i was 100% confident before the application, she called the number and of course she was approved...for $15,000...

So of course i have a few questions:

1.) Does the AU show up on credit reports as AU?

2.) Do i need to provide my address (we are in seperate homes) to have it report?

3.) Does this credit line affect my future CLI or SL in anyway?

4.) She may make one small purchase (she did this just to help me) does she even have a shot at the 3X increase (i believe the most i should ask is for 25k)

Btw...she has all reports over 800 about 810 through all three and she makes about 35k

Thank you for all your continued help and support you have all been great!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I FINALLY got my Eleanor (BCE)...well the one at the end of the movie...

I'll let you know after New Year's how it reports because I just did AU for my kid too with AMEX. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i appreciate that!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone?

Message 4 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You're acting like it's XMAS morning and already know what's in the package!  Just wait and go through it when you get the card.  

Since she got the card and probably doesn't have another AMEX she'll be eligible for a 3X in 61 days.  Having the AU status won't really effect your own personal limit or anything other than the score bump.  

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Can i ask why your mom telling you her scores made you sick? Im confused.Thanks.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Can i ask why your mom telling you her scores made you sick? Im confused.Thanks.

Yeah i was just kidding around. Me and my mom are really close and she's done the things she's needed to get the scores she has and i am only recently doing it. Just makes me sick that i didnt start sooner because i see the results

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats cool. The most important thing is you have realized what you need to do and want to do them. It just goes to show you dont have to 100k to get an 800 or fabulous credit. With what i make id probably be laughed off here , lol, but im finally getting on track on doing things right credit wise so who knows maybe one day ill have that mythical 800.Smiley Happy Best of luck on your continued journey, just remember, lol, never burn Amex Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats cool. The most important thing is you have realized what you need to do and want to do them. It just goes to show you dont have to 100k to get an 800 or fabulous credit. With what i make id probably be laughed off here , lol, but im finally getting on track on doing things right credit wise so who knows maybe one day ill have that mythical 800.Smiley Happy Best of luck on your continued journey, just remember, lol, never burn Amex Smiley Wink

yeah very true...i have no problem admitting i am waaaaay under 6 figures but hey its enough. I'll be honest, i always thought you had to have 6 figures to even get a 5K credit line

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my daughter to my BCE and yes it shows up on her reports as an AU.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.