Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

tag
Mike11208
New Contributor

I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

As you can see from my post 3 years ago I overdosed on comenity cards

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/I-overdoosed-on-Comenity-Bank/td-p/3661942/pa...

But I fudged up, my victoria secret card reached a 3500 limit an all was paid off. I would put 3500 on the card pay it off in a week. (I buy their clearence lotions etc and resell them in the DR) All my cards were paid off with them and I had moved to the Dominican Republic for work in my business full time over there. While over there when I would try to use my VS card it would decline I assume because of the location and stopped using it. But maybe a year and some months after arriving I started getting phone calls from comenity saying I owed 1800 dollars on my VS card that was seriously past due. I pulled up my credit report and see it and I am stunned I didn't know what happened. I thought I had forgotten to pay it at first. So I tried logging into the VS account to and saw a load of purchases that I knew weren't mine. 

Turns out my ex-girlfriend, used the card without my knowledge. I informed community of this but they wouldn't budge as the card was already in collections etc. My ex-denied she used it but when I logged into my vs account I could see the orders shipped to her address. She had changed the email and phone number on the account but not the password. I honestly think she was logging in from a computer I had left her and the password was saved. (**bleep** YOU GOOGLE CHROME!!!!)

Needless to say, I didn't pay it and it and 1 other card are the biggest dings on my credit report. (She also used the GameStop card but thankfully that card only had a 450 limit or something like that don't remember)

Fast forward to today, I am trying to buy some lotions from victoria secret when boom the shopping cart alerts me I am pre-approved for 250 dollars. For **bleep**s and giggles, I try thinking it will deny me. But nope approved for 750. 

So in less than 1 year of having the issue with them, they welcome me back. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

Congrats on approval

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run, it's a trap!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice story, congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Now if only Chase was so forgiving

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy Christmas Story, PeterSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Happy Christmas Story, PeterSmiley Wink

Smiley Happy Congrats on getting back with Comenity.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a story but 'grats on the approval!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.