cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

New Contributor

I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

As you can see from my post 3 years ago I overdosed on comenity cards

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/I-overdoosed-on-Comenity-Bank/td-p/3661942/pa...

But I fudged up, my victoria secret card reached a 3500 limit an all was paid off. I would put 3500 on the card pay it off in a week. (I buy their clearence lotions etc and resell them in the DR) All my cards were paid off with them and I had moved to the Dominican Republic for work in my business full time over there. While over there when I would try to use my VS card it would decline I assume because of the location and stopped using it. But maybe a year and some months after arriving I started getting phone calls from comenity saying I owed 1800 dollars on my VS card that was seriously past due. I pulled up my credit report and see it and I am stunned I didn't know what happened. I thought I had forgotten to pay it at first. So I tried logging into the VS account to and saw a load of purchases that I knew weren't mine. 

Turns out my ex-girlfriend, used the card without my knowledge. I informed community of this but they wouldn't budge as the card was already in collections etc. My ex-denied she used it but when I logged into my vs account I could see the orders shipped to her address. She had changed the email and phone number on the account but not the password. I honestly think she was logging in from a computer I had left her and the password was saved. (**bleep** YOU GOOGLE CHROME!!!!)

Needless to say, I didn't pay it and it and 1 other card are the biggest dings on my credit report. (She also used the GameStop card but thankfully that card only had a 450 limit or something like that don't remember)

Fast forward to today, I am trying to buy some lotions from victoria secret when boom the shopping cart alerts me I am pre-approved for 250 dollars. For **bleep**s and giggles, I try thinking it will deny me. But nope approved for 750. 

So in less than 1 year of having the issue with them, they welcome me back. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: I Fudged Up with Comenity but they still like me

Congrats on approval

1-2019 / Fico 8 EX 794 , EQ 801 , TR 802
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 9
Valued Contributor

Run, it's a trap!

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (1/25/2019): FICO 08 EXP: 721; TU: 754; EQ: 744
2019 Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Nice story, congrats on the approval!

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 22k][NFCU cashRewards 20k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 15.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 14.5k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 10k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 12.5k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 22.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $15.5k][Chase Ink $45k][PNC $25k]
Message 4 of 9
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Valued Contributor

Now if only Chase was so forgiving

Congrats

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>01/2019 CCT EX 804 TU 822 EQ 812
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 6 of 9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Happy Christmas Story, PeterSmiley Wink

Chasing the 0/24 , Lol 5/24 Proud Member of Never/24 Club!
Message 7 of 9
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Happy Christmas Story, PeterSmiley Wink

Smiley Happy Congrats on getting back with Comenity.

Fico Scores as of November 2018: TU:762 EQ: 763 EX: 768
Fico Goals: TU: 770 by 12-2018 EQ: 750 by 12-2018 (achieved) EX: 780+ by 12-2018

Message 8 of 9
Regular Contributor

What a story but 'grats on the approval!

College Junior
Starting Score: 724
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 775

Message 9 of 9