cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I GOT APPROVED!!!

tag
lyndon978

I GOT APPROVED!!!

Hello everybody! Today I am the happiest man on earth right now. I am 25 years old and I've never own a credit card in my life. This was due to because I was young and stupid and didn't know anything about credit. I've had multiple collections (mainly cell phones bills and macy's) and I didn't know that it will have an effect on me as far applying for a car loan or credit card. I applied for a credit card at my bank, applied for a car loan at multiple places and I got denied. I did a little bit of research and came to this site and it changed my life! I paid off all my debts in full, got the PFD letter, disputed with the CRAs and was able to remove 3 out of 4 collections from my credit report in a couple of months. Today I went to DCU and applied for a secured credit card cause I heard they are good at approving people with bad credit. And instantly they said I got approved for a regular credit card for $2,000 credit limit! They said my Equifax credit score is 622 with only one collection with AT&T which was paid in full. I couldn't believe I got approved. I want to thank you guys for helping me out so much. I have learned a lot. Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I GOT APPROVED!!!

Yay! Congrats! Smiley Happy Keep it up and before you know it you will a great profile!

Message 2 of 19
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!! You should be proud!!

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 3 of 19
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your approval.

Were you already a member or did you app for membership after your approval?

Message 5 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Welcome To The Forums & Congrats! Smiley Happy

Good job turning matters around to your favor. Keep that train rolling.

Message 6 of 19
reverted
Established Member

Congrats! Use the card well and wisely and many other doors are bound to open for you soon Smiley Happy

CapOne VentureOne - $10000 | Costco AMEX - $7700 | CSP - $7000 | United MP Explorer - $7000 | Chase Freedom - $6000 | Chase Hyatt - $5000 | Barclay Rewards MC - $3500 | Citi Forward - $2800 |
Discover IT - $3500 | Walmart - $2400
Message 7 of 19
lyndon978

Thank you everyone once again! I had to apply for membership and open a checking account. I think this bank is really good and they offer good rates. They're in the top 25 credit unions in the usa right now accoring to sources

Message 8 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@lyndon978 wrote:

Thank you everyone once again! I applied for membership after I got approved. They required me to open a checking account.

Best of luck on a great credit journey.

I wish i had this resource when i was 18.

Message 9 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!  Great job on your journey, best wishes to you.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.