Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Shouldn’t Have... But I Did - Chase & AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Shouldn’t Have... But I Did - Chase & AMEX

I had been thinking about applying for the SPG Card from American Express because it will be discontinued after February 12, 2019 for new applicants. I was also at 4/24, so I did not want to risk a chance of losing Chase for a year; especially because I will be going on a cruise with my family in the Caribbean and will need a no-foreign transaction fee VISA card for when we port in Mexico.

There I was yesterday, February 7, 2019, considering the SPG Card and thinking about when I could use it. It came to me. Next year I might go to California, so I can book a Marriott-SPG-Ritz-Carlton stay. The following year I’ll go to New York, so I can book again. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was instantly approved with a $7000 limit - my largest limit to date. I also applied for the SPG Card (soft inquiry) and was instantly approved with a much smaller limit of $1000. I will now be entering the garden for quite some time and working on CLIs.

Data Points:
• 5 Inquiries: 4 from Chase and 1 from American Express
• Experian: 724 FICO8 - Hard inquiry by Chase
• TransUnion: 762 FICO8
• Income: $21,000 - student
• AAoA: 3 years 5 months - Mostly as an AU
• Number of Credit Lines: 1 Discover, 2 American Express, 1 Chase, 1 Chase AU, and 1 starter loan
• Utilization: $191/$12,500 (1.528%)
• Late Payments: None
• Derogatories: None

I bank with Chase and have put heavy usage on my Chase Freedom Unlimited since I was approved on Christmas of 2018.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Shouldn’t Have... But I Did - Chase & AMEX

Two great approvals, Tex. You're well on your way. Congratulations!

And thank you for the DPs. First rate. 

Message 2 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your two new cards!

Message 3 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had been thinking about applying for the SPG Card from American Express because it will be discontinued after February 12, 2019 for new applicants. I was also at 4/24, so I did not want to risk a chance of losing Chase for a year; especially because I will be going on a cruise with my family in the Caribbean and will need a no-foreign transaction fee VISA card for when we port in Mexico.

There I was yesterday, February 7, 2019, considering the SPG Card and thinking about when I could use it. It came to me. Next year I might go to California, so I can book a Marriott-SPG-Ritz-Carlton stay. The following year I’ll go to New York, so I can book again. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was instantly approved with a $7000 limit - my largest limit to date. I also applied for the SPG Card (soft inquiry) and was instantly approved with a much smaller limit of $1000. I will now be entering the garden for quite some time and working on CLIs.

Data Points:
• 5 Inquiries: 4 from Chase and 1 from American Express
• Experian: 724 FICO8 - Hard inquiry by Chase
• TransUnion: 762 FICO8
• Income: $21,000 - student
• AAoA: 3 years 5 months - Mostly as an AU
• Number of Credit Lines: 1 Discover, 2 American Express, 1 Chase, 1 Chase AU, and 1 starter loan
• Utilization: $191/$12,500 (1.528%)
• Late Payments: None
• Derogatories: None

I bank with Chase and have put heavy usage on my Chase Freedom Unlimited since I was approved on Christmas of 2018.

Congrats! Hopefully you’ll see a CLI on your SPG before that California trip.

Message 4 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approvals

Message 5 of 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Two great cards, congrats on both Smiley Happy.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals !!!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!

Message 9 of 16
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Nice set of cards OP!!! Congrats on your newest editions! Looking good!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.