cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Wanted The American Express Rose Gold Card!

tag
ZeroChance
New Contributor

I Wanted The American Express Rose Gold Card!

I really wanted the American Express rose gold card.  When I learned that I could earn 50,000 MR SUB points with a friend's referral, I quickly applied and was instantly approved!  Fortunately, I applied on the last day the rose gold card was available!  

The card arrived last week, and it's beautiful.  Very unique color and nice finish.

I haven't kept up with the details of my credit file, but according to AMEX, FICO 8 was 848.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Meskini
New Contributor

Re: I Wanted The American Express Rose Gold Card!

Congratulations on the approval and the rose gold version. I have one and it's pretty.

We live and learn!
Message 2 of 17
ZeroChance
New Contributor

Thank you!

My first AMEX card was an Optima credit card that I opened in 1996.  (I still have it!)  I avoided applying for another AMEX card until now.  I couldn't resist the rose gold version.  It's so pretty.

Now I have to learn about the benefits.  I already enrolled into the dining credit and am still deciding which airline to choose for the airline credit.  

Any tips for a newbie?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZeroChance wrote:

I haven't kept up with the details of my credit file, but according to AMEX, FICO 8 was 848.

Wow! Congrats on both; your approval & your score!

Message 4 of 17
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, stellar score, and nabbing that on the last day Smiley Happy.

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, continue your credit ignorance bliss and enjoy your new PreciousSmiley Wink. If you havent applied for anything in ages, though this site is a blessing it can also be harsh to newbies as app fever is contagiousSmiley Wink.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 7 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations OP on hitting the ball out of the park.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: I Wanted The American Express Rose Gold Card or

Congrats on the approval OP. I originally said to myself I'd stick with my plastic Gold card--but I happened to be on the computer about 7 minutes before the upgrade offer was due to end and said what the heck--I ordered the metal regular Gold card. It came today and looks awesome.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! I’m honestly kind of glad the rose gold deal is gone. I have no use or need for the Gold but the color was calling me.... LOL plus the constant emails about it from Amex 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.