Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Was Approved For A Chase Sapphire Preferred Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Was Approved For A Chase Sapphire Preferred Card

Last night, I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa, and received a notification that my application needed further review and so forth. Well I decided to call the reconsideration department to see whether or not I was approved, I was told by a representative, that my application needed verification and she provided me the number to call. This morning, I contacted that number and spoke to a representative who was friendly, and she sent a verification code to my mobile phone to verify my identity after I was on hold for three minutes. Long story short, I was told that I've been approved and I should be receiving my welcoming kit between seven to ten business days. I currently have their Slate Visa card along with Capital One Quicksilver, American Express green card, and another Capital One platinum, which I am considering closing, once my score goes up another 80 points. My EX: 680, EQ-735 and TU-700. My utilization is 18% before it was 20%. My total debt is $9,118; while my available credit is $49,825. I've been getting auto credit line increases on my existing cards while, paying down balances.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Was Approved For A Chase Sapphire Preferred Card

That's wonderful congrats!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval! What was your SL and apr? It should be showing on your Chase account already FYI. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My starting limit is $5000, I don't know what my APR is off hand, but I'll find out.
Message 5 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Chase family!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super jobSmiley Happy. Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year, I remembered that I couldn't get approved for a Chase Slate card because of high utilizations and delinquencies, which is now over two years old, and lack of credit cards to build a credit history. Now all that has changed, my credit profile has improved, and i am now able to be approved for prime credit cards, that I previously, could not get.
Message 9 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

A great card for everyday use espnif u travel. Congrats!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.