cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so excited....Discover IT Approval !!!

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: I am so excited....Discover IT Approval !!!

Congrats on the approval. Do you mind sharing CL and APR?  I am trying to understand Discover..LOL

Message 11 of 25
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dizzydee wrote:

So I want to first say thanks to all the information I have received from the forums and it has been so helpful in my rebound after Bankruptcy. I have been coveting the Discover card for almost two years..BNK was discharged in Dec 2011. It has been two years and today I pulled the trigger...and was APPROVED! I got the 5-7 day message and they asked me to set up an online account and I knew at that point I had a chance. So I called the backdoor number and spoke to a really nice guy and he just had some questions about employment and what not and...BAM! I didn’t get the lowest interest rate, but I am ok with that because I am in the family! I am not sure which report they pulled but I know my Wal-Mart TU is 638 as of Jan 3, 2014. So I DISCOVERed that there is life after BNK!

Congrats Smiley Happy and welcome to the Discover family! Very nice

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 25
dizzydee
Established Member

Ofcourse...my starting CL is $1500 and the APR is the highest at 22.9%. I know its high, but I plan on using it and PIF religiously so I can have my APR reduced eventually. 

Message 14 of 25
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats, OP!!  Welcome to the Discover family and treat the card well!!  I've just change my card to the Garnet design, and it looks pretty darn cool...so don't forget about the new design options! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 15 of 25
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP!  Super exciting!

Message 16 of 25
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@dizzydee wrote:

Ofcourse...my starting CL is $1500 and the APR is the highest at 22.9%. I know its high, but I plan on using it and PIF religiously so I can have my APR reduced eventually. 

Congrats on the Discover IT!  And if PIF, then the higher rate won't affect you!  I'm sure I have higher than "ideal" rates on my cards, too.  But like you, hoping to eventually get those down & CLs up.  Congrats again & enjoy your new plastic!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 17 of 25
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@dizzydee wrote:

So I want to first say thanks to all the information I have received from the forums and it has been so helpful in my rebound after Bankruptcy. I have been coveting the Discover card for almost two years..BNK was discharged in Dec 2011. It has been two years and today I pulled the trigger...and was APPROVED! I got the 5-7 day message and they asked me to set up an online account and I knew at that point I had a chance. So I called the backdoor number and spoke to a really nice guy and he just had some questions about employment and what not and...BAM! I didn’t get the lowest interest rate, but I am ok with that because I am in the family! I am not sure which report they pulled but I know my Wal-Mart TU is 638 as of Jan 3, 2014. So I DISCOVERed that there is life after BNK!

Woohoo, congrats on your Discover approval! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
catladyatty
New Contributor

Congratulations!  Great news!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $35,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $45,000 | Amex BC Preferred $28,000 | Discover More Cash Rewards $12,000 | Chase Amazon Rewards $8600 | Capital One Quicksilver $2000 | CareCredit $12,000 | Macy's $15,000 | Victoria's Secret $5600 | New York and Company $4000
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Discover family! Congrats. I enjoy my card.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.