cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I applied for the Capital One Platinum - Approved (Also a question!)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

I applied for the Capital One Platinum - Approved (Also a question!)

All of my basic credit stuff can be found here in my other post before I applied for the Capital One platinum.

Based on what I put in that post, my intentions was to apply for either the Chase Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited. However looking back, my file was kinda thin. In terms of payments, scores, average age at least, etc, it seemed perfect but it wasn't bullet proof since I only had one credit card (from my local credit union) and it was relatively new.

So after reading some comments on that post and looking online, I decided to not apply for a Chase credit card yet and instead apply for this one. This is one of the very few good ones that I've gotten many mail offers from, but they expired since I waited too long past the "Respond by..." date.

This was NOT an easy decision for me. I had my heart set on Chase but I wasn't fully aware of just how strict Chase might be with just one credit card on my record. And I didn't want to waste a hard inquiry and not get A credit card or credit of some sort. But with some hard decision making, I just said screw it. It really pained me to lose this Chase slot, but I have at least one more (depending on my other accounts from my previous post).

ANYWAYS, on to the actual Capital One credit application lol: I applied like 15 minutes ago. As soon as I hit submit and watched those little circles go around and around checking my info, I got so many notifcations from Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Mint, and WalletHub (just to name a few that I use besides myFICO) saying that I got 1 new inquiry on my report from Capital One.

And when the screen changed...... it said.... APPROVED! My credit limit is $1,000 and so I'm just waiting for the card to ship. BUTT.... I have not forgetten about Chase. Since I applied here and based on my other post, when do you think is a good time to apply for the Chase Freedom or Unlimited?

I heard like one application every 6 months (or maybe it just depends on the report), but I want to get more opinions on a good time frame.

Side note, sorry for the rambling. I have a habbit of going off topic and not getting to the point when I'm excited about something lol

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I applied for the Capital One Platinum - Approved (Also a question!)

Congrats!

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think waiting 5-8 months before apping for Chase is a good idea.  Slow and steady

July 31/2019. EX-712. EQ-704. TU-726
Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 17/2020 EX. 725. EQ. 720. TU 748
Mar 23\2020 EX. 730 EQ. 719 TU 756
Inq. EX 5 EQ 3 TU. 3
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.