cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't believe it. Amex Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe it. Amex Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I started the rebuilding my credit  I didn't ever think that this day would come but it is here today. I applied for AMEX BCE last month and was instantly denied. I fixed some issues over the month and got carried away with my friend. He got approved yesterday so decided to pull the trigger on the Delta Skymiles Gold Card and did. The app went into review and told me they would let me know in 2 weeks of their decision. I knew it was gonna be a denial so I was like whatever. But in about 20 mins I get an email saying I was APPROVED!!! In with AMEX. I can't believe it. My CL is only $1k but its Amex so I dont care. I have an American Express Card. I couldnt have done it without any help from you guys.

Quick Question: I can apply for CLI in 61 days right? If some of you AMEX Gurus can provide some insight; I'll be highly obliged.

Some data points:

EX Fico 08 Score: 628

AAOA: 2 Years 10 months

Inquiries: 4

Accounts in the last 24 months: 6

Accounts in the last 6 months: 6

2 Paid Charge Off from 2015

1 Removed Collection

5 Lates in the last 5. Most recent late: July 2015.

Thanks Everyone!!!!! Yaaaaayyyyy!!!! I am so happy.

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't believe it. Amex Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!!!!! yup 61 days on the dot... i got my amex everyday last year with only 1k starting and 61 days later request 3x that.. got it... 6 months later requested another 3x got it.... now im waiting for the next 2 months so the 6 month period can be up lol i think if you treat your amex account right it can be like a bamboo tree you literraly watch it grow everyday.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you! 

There are often great Amex deals as well - last week I got $5 statement credit for using my amex through Android pay 3 times 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Welcome to the Amex family!! Pull the trigger at 61 days (nothing is guaranteed)....no matter what it will be a soft pull....good luck....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!! Go app for a charger. Its almost always the same HP if you do it right away....

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is so strange. I have a 656 with no baddies anymore. Approved me for the ED with starting line of $500 (and Disco for $2,500) but denied me same day for the PRG. I didn't NEED the PRG but I want it.

Message 6 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats IP! Amex can be a tricky one for sure! 

Enjoy your new Amex!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for AMEX BCE last month and was instantly denied. I fixed some issues over the month and got carried away with my friend.

Hey, as someone that's still trying to get in with Amex, weekday "issues did you fix?" I would like to know because Amex will not let me in For the life of me. Thanks! 

And Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex is so strange. I have a 656 with no baddies anymore. Approved me for the ED with starting line of $500 (and Disco for $2,500) but denied me same day for the PRG. I didn't NEED the PRG but I want it.

Bluffcity...

How long ago was that? I had the exact same thing when I first got an amex. Got BCE through CK link. $500 sl. Denied for PRG. A couple weeks later I got a pre-qual for a green card ( I can't remember if it was a mailer or online). Ended up getting the Green and PRG at the same time. Nothing changed in that 2 week period except I already had the BCE. Maybe you should check the offers online and try again for the PRG if you still want it. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bluffcity...

How long ago was that? I had the exact same thing when I first got an amex. Got BCE through CK link. $500 sl. Denied for PRG. A couple weeks later I got a pre-qual for a green card ( I can't remember if it was a mailer or online). Ended up getting the Green and PRG at the same time. Nothing changed in that 2 week period except I already had the BCE. Maybe you should check the offers online and try again for the PRG if you still want it. 

It was this past Sunday. Once I activate the ED card I will go back and check the prequals. I have never been prequaled for a single credit card ever, but I will check.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.