cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I gave in to PenFed. PenFed Says Yes.

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: I gave in to PenFed. PenFed Says Yes.

@pizza1 wrote:
very nice approvals! Much congrats there. Someday, they will say YES to the Pizza, LOL..Congrats!

Well, right now they'll let you in without government affiliation if you join one of their associated organizations. They'll HP for membership, and if you happen to qualify for products now you'll find out. 

In my own case I didn't qualify for anything...  but I left the membership open. I finished out my seven year "sentence" for the negative information to fade into the rear view mirror, rebuilding with other lenders. Chase, Citi, Amex, BoA, Discover...  they were all there pre-crater, sliced my credit lines down to catchy numbers like $500 or $600. I leaned on what I gleaned from MyFico to rebuild, made new friendships with NFCU, kiss and make up with the banks in the crater in a positive way, so that when the seven years were up, I had a nice thick file for review.

I'm puzzled why your scores are all question marks, Pizza!?!?!

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 21 of 26
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
very nice approvals! Much congrats there. Someday, they will say YES to the Pizza, LOL..Congrats!

Well, right now they'll let you in without government affiliation if you join one of their associated organizations. They'll HP for membership, and if you happen to qualify for products now you'll find out. 

In my own case I didn't qualify for anything...  but I left the membership open. I finished out my seven year "sentence" for the negative information to fade into the rear view mirror, rebuilding with other lenders. Chase, Citi, Amex, BoA, Discover...  they were all there pre-crater, sliced my credit lines down to catchy numbers like $500 or $600. I leaned on what I gleaned from MyFico to rebuild, made new friendships with NFCU, kiss and make up with the banks in the crater in a positive way, so that when the seven years were up, I had a nice thick file for review.

oh, Im in with PF, just denied for credit (too much), too many new accts, too many INQ etc..plus BK. the ususal. my plan is to dump likw 10-12 cards next year, and some available credit, then reapply for their Promise Visa.  

The question marks are because I dont know what they are right now, and Im too scared too look after my last mega app spree LOL..guessing in the same range as always  670-690's...Smiley Wink depending on which CRA

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratualtions and welcome to the PenFed family. What a great limit!

Message 23 of 26
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

oh, Im in with PF, just denied for credit (too much), too many new accts, too many INQ etc..plus BK. the ususal. my plan is to dump likw 10-12 cards next year, and some available credit, then reapply for their Promise Visa.  

The question marks are because I dont know what they are right now, and Im too scared too look after my last mega app spree LOL..guessing in the same range as always  670-690's...Smiley Wink depending on which CRA

Don't be afraid. There's My FICO, and other sources of information, so you can know what your score is.

I tracked my score on EQ when I was trying to refinance my car loan from 2.99 down to something 1.99 or lower. I saw it hit the required score and I pounced!

Between the different bureaus, scores will fluctuate due to reporting delays (or not reporting at all). There's a delay between when payments are made, statements are cut, and reporting... My scores may see a slight dip next month when I pay off the 0% car loan I've had for five years.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life ... thank u!! #tempting
Message 25 of 26
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow wow!! Amazing congrats!
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.