Did you mean: 

I got Discovered

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: I got Discovered

@Repo-ed wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

Congrats on getting Discovered...I'm still on the outside looking in.  I want the garnet one when they find me. Smiley Surprised

Thanks for sharing.

They didn't give me the option, so I'd imagine I'll get the silver/orange.

Do I just request the new color?

Congrats on the approval. Don't worry about the starting limit as I am sure yours will grow...not like mine Smiley Tongue

Yes you can look through the different designs and order others. Discover even allows you to use multiple cards as they all have the same account number, expiration and CVS code.  When you order a new card design you can select to replace the old or to get it additionally. I love this because like this I have 1 card next to the PC for online shopping and the other one in the wallet.

Message 21 of 28
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

Congrats on getting Discovered...I'm still on the outside looking in.  I want the garnet one when they find me. Smiley Surprised

Thanks for sharing.

They didn't give me the option, so I'd imagine I'll get the silver/orange.

Do I just request the new color?

Congrats on the approval. Don't worry about the starting limit as I am sure yours will grow...not like mine Smiley Tongue

Yes you can look through the different designs and order others. Discover even allows you to use multiple cards as they all have the same account number, expiration and CVS code.  When you order a new card design you can select to replace the old or to get it additionally. I love this because like this I have 1 card next to the PC for online shopping and the other one in the wallet.

nice!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 28
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

edit - #duh, I'm an idiot

Message 23 of 28
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Don't worry about the limit - could be much worse! As for card design, I like the way cards originally look.. so I never request images or different colors.. its so smooth. 

Message 24 of 28
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Well, got my discover card and it's really nice.

What would make it better, is if it were a bit heavier - or even steel/metal!

Anyway, now I know why they issued a 1k CL.  Their EQ FICO model gave me a score of 660.  That's sad..

My EQ here is 679, My TU is 685 on here (and 705 Wal-mart/Barclay), while my EX FICO  is 711.

Oh well, it get put into heavy rotation starting now!

Message 25 of 28
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:
...and IT has a toy limit of 1k, lol

They're tough!

Oh well, at least I'll have the cool card

Congrats , welcome to the Discover family

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 26 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Well, got my discover card and it's really nice.

What would make it better, is if it were a bit heavier - or even steel/metal!

Anyway, now I know why they issued a 1k CL.  Their EQ FICO model gave me a score of 660.  That's sad..

My EQ here is 679, My TU is 685 on here (and 705 Wal-mart/Barclay), while my EX FICO  is 711.

Oh well, it get put into heavy rotation starting now!

Welcome to the Discover family Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 28
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.