Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an addiction..Approved for Walmart Mastercard

tag
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

I have an addiction..Approved for Walmart Mastercard

I was sitting around the house Saturday evening and decided to apply for a Sam's club card, since I know we'll be needing a membership soon.  Once I realized I didn't have a membership yet, I said let me just go for the Wal Mart card.  Applied and got an instant approval for $1,200.  Called Credit Solutions and got an increase to $6,000.  I then yesterday thought, how about I just pay for my Sam's membership, then apply for the card right after.  I did so, and got the 7-10 day response message.  I'm going to call Credit Solutions in a few minutes.  I seriously have an addiction now, I need to stop smh...

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: I have an addiction..Approved for Walmart Mastercard

Save some for later (bonus on travel cards)

Message 2 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval.  Chime back in with the results of the Sam's Club MasterCard.  That seems to be one of the harder Sync cards to get...I didn't even try until I was well over 700 on TU.  

Message 3 of 13
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Wally approval!

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few Synchrony Cards, walmart store card, walmart mc, sams club mc and marvels mc. My score was 697tu when i app'd for sams club instore and was worried about getting denied as i was just approved for walmart mc days before. I was immediately approved for $2,300 , took my picture.. ugh... and given a temp card. Called on my way home and was bumped to $8,000. Gonna wait a month or 2 and app for BP MC.

Synchrony has been very good to me, i dont mind the interest rates as i normally pif. For whatever reason they like me as well. I have never been denied apping instore.
Message 5 of 13
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

So I just called and was approved for $837, but I was given the Store Card.  Turns out that they decide which card to give you, you have no say in which card you get.  I failed to see this: "By applying you agree that, if approved, Synchrony Bank may provide you with a Sam's Club® MasterCard or a Sam's Club® Personal Credit Card."  Not sure what their criteria is, but I def still will call for an increase.  Oh well, my wife shops at Sams religiously so it doesn't hurt.

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. So I am guessing since you applied, you must have closed on your home?  If so, congrats on your new home and enjoy it.

Message 7 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Sam's Card as well.  I too shop at Sam's Club religously....I'm in there every week.  

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals.

Message 9 of 13
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Take it from someone who was very recently on the Synchrony train, stop. Save your inquiries. Get the cards you need but don't go overboard, especially on the store cards if you have the choice. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.